I hath returned (charter member)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/12/2020 at 11:45 AM, Fritigern Gothly said:

Wait, was that really a thing in the early days, that users were promised/given 4096 sqm of mainland? 
If so, then I have missed out on so much by only first signing up in 2007 🙂

...and I by signing up in mid-2005. Seems like it was a 'blink and you miss it' thing?

On 6/17/2020 at 1:33 PM, Oz Linden said:

No, we did not assume you're all dead ... there are more of you than you'd probably think (and we're grateful to each and every one).

You certainly should be able to use auctions; if you can't, please capture a screen shot of whatever error you get and file a Jira so that we can fix it.

can't even click the bid button, can't change my account type (not that I'd be stupid enough to do that)

I already found some land, but I'm sure y'all wanna get this fixed.

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 4.41.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 4.40.40 PM.png

13 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

To be fair SL didn't really look like a triple digit investment in 2004. Hindsight is 20-20.

17 years = 884 weeks, X- 500L per week = 442,000L

at todays conversion rates (which haven't changed much) that's $1,733.34

plus the $800 I made when they changed the taxes.. I blinked and somebody bought my land, tho I never put it up for sale.. (if I recall) but I got paid :) 

I somehow knew I'd get at least my money worth out of it, I was really excited about the software and potential. but I had no idea it'd be like this.. I should bought more accounts, though 1 was probably the limit

honestly, I'm surprised the game never got more popular

On 6/17/2020 at 7:18 AM, Sister Nova said:

From the Auctions FAQ:

“Can anyone in Second Life buy land in the auctions?

No. Only residents that have Premium memberships are eligible to participate in auctions.  Your account must also have a Verified email address and a Linden dollar (L$) balance sufficient to make a bid.”

As a Charter Member you are still able to buy land as you have the 4096 allocation, but just not via the auctions.

If you’re wanting to use the auctions, make an alt and buy it a premium membership. But honestly, I think you’d be much better off just looking at the yellow for sale parcels on the world map, or the sale listings, and buying a parcel from that, or finding some abandoned land and submitting a ticket to buy it.

There's actually a good search function, I just had to dig for it. I found some nice land with not many eyesores around... but I'm sure I'll change that ;) 

• Haha 2

On 6/16/2020 at 8:49 PM, Qie Niangao said:

Just wander around the "color" regions of the old continent ("Sansara"), and the even earlier regions: there are lots of ancient landholdings with very "experimental" builds on them and owners who haven't been in-world in a decade or so. Rarely all in one big 4096sq.m parcel though, but I always figured that's just how the Ancient Ones spent their perpetual tier. You can do the same... and once they figure out your "Super Premium" status, you might want to include a Linden Home among your holdings.

Or, if you do want 4096 all in one piece, you know, auctions aren't the only way to get that: You can just find any abandoned land (and there's lots, in big chunks) and ask Support to carve out the part you want to buy. Especially if it's a reasonable cut, leaving saleable shape(s) behind, they'll very likely do it for you, charging (I think) just L$1/sq.m. (Not in all areas, but most areas with large abandoned parcels would be eligible.)

Personally, I'd look around the northern "Heterocera Atoll" continent, but there's plenty of abandoned land on all the continents. 

I found some land with an in-game search feature that  I didn't know about. But I want to check out my ancestors ruins, so thanks for the location tip! 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.