my avatar is checkered and the walls and everything is weird colors

jwims02

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

one day i loged in to the game any my char's skin was all checkered green and red. the walls where all blue and purple and the objects where mixed checkered and black saying offline in red even though i was online.i tryed loggine in and out,changing clothes,skin everything . i even uninstalled and reinstalled

3 answers to this question

Try disabling VBO in preferences > Graphics > Hardware

If that doesn`t work, is this a new problem and have you changed something that has caused it to start?

What graphics cards do you have & have you updated the drivers from their official website?

DUE TO SOME FORUM CHANGES, PLEASE USE "OPTIONS > EDIT" ON YOUR POST TO ADD FURTHER REPLIES

Welcome to Second Life and to the forums jwims02.  I agree with the other posters here, and it sounds like your graphics card might not be compatible.  I had the same issues during my early days in SL, and while I could log in to SL, I crashed a lot, and after just a few minutes I would see odd checkered textures all over the place.

If you post your computer specifications here, you will get further advice.

Also, to see what the minimum requirements are for running SL, please take a look at this link for recommended system requirements:

http://secondlife.com/support/system-requirements/?lang=en-US

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.