Unable to delete items

Jyll1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since Tuesday, I have been having troubles deleting objects I have "opened" and those that I take from my inventory and place out.

I have restarted the sim, logged in and out. That is as far as my technical experience can take me. The sim is closed to the public so this is only affecting me.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Does the same thing happen to you in a sandbox region?

And if you open the sim briefly and let in somebody else to try, does it affect them, too?

There definitely was an interval yesterday when this was happening to everybody, but for me it only lasted maybe an hour, so this is clearly something else. I did find that I could sometimes "wear" items that were rezzed out, then detach them and delete them from inventory, but that may have been a fluke even then, and probably won't help at all for this problem. But it's one thing to try.

Another trick I got to work was to edit the thing I wanted to get rid of, linking it to a torus or some other complex prim, then torture the prim to maximize its complexity and add some materials to force it to use mesh accounting, blowing the Land Impact way past parcel capacity, so it would all get returned to my Lost & Found. Again, though, this may have nothing to do with your current problem (and would require a land owner with limited enough Land Impact to be able to exceed it).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.