Changing Style of Home

neerja Haiku

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.  This question would be better in the Linden Homes section but I'll tell you anyway.  Each Linden homes region is dedicated to a particular style - Traditional, Victorian, etc.  You can choose different homes within that style but not the style itself.  So, if you have your heart set on another style you'll have to surrender the home you have (or get an alt with a premium membership) and try to get one via the site, just as you did before.

If you mean that you're in one of the 512 sqm older homes such as Meadowbrook, the same thing applies.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery

6 minutes ago, neerja Haiku said:

Can someone tell me how to change the style of my Linden Home to one of the newer styles.

You might want to visit the Linden Homes forum for lots of info about the Linden Homes. It depends on which theme you have. If a traditional, camper, Victorian, or log home, click the mailbox. If a houseboat, click the life preserver. 

ETA: If you mean how to change from one of the old Linden Homes, you will need to abandon it, then go to your Dashboard to claim a newer one (if one is available).

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn

Well.. I abandoned my Victorian home @ Southkeep .a few days ago .. and ... worth the wait. North East of Belisseria near the water and rivers in the middle of the woods with a mountain range in sight from my garden.

Awesome.

So hang in there. Something nice might just slip along.

tddnew_099.thumb.jpg.9c022c7eb8ec44ea1fbd1a3b0a578da7.jpg

tddnew_100.thumb.jpg.007afa615518beba6518278e0a8401fa.jpg

... perfect.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, neerja Haiku said:

Can someone tell me how to change the style of my Linden Home to one of the newer styles.

Just a word from premium house hunting Friday evening- I refreshed for about 3 hours, & only had the trailers & log cabins come up- and sometimes only log cabins. I know it’s subject to change randomly but just throwing that out there.  

Like others said, you do need-have to abandon your current home in the land menu at the top of the viewer while logged inworld  before you can find out what is available on the site.

This is the link you use- https://secondlife.com/land/lindenhomes/member.php

You can try five different spots in 24 hours.  Once you find a spot you can look at the different home types in that regions theme thru a mailbox at the edge of the property for cabins, traditionals & Victorians.  The houseboats menu is on a swimming floaty & the trailers are I believe a cardboard sign.  You can change the textures & set house permissions via a control inside the front door of each home.  I hope you find your new dream home soon (if not already in which case I’ve just been burbling on for no reason) 🙂

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.