"not allowed to ignore member"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

vanish posts,  adam,  my forum software has this happen at times too,  all we know from the company that owns the forum it's self, is database migration from phpnuke which was was on mssql, to phpbb3 using mysql and then moving to xenforo which is still mysql but a newer branch,  has made issues with tables and failed connections,  our data base likes to go away at times, I know this is a hosted solution invision is providing for LL,  LL might need to jab them and see what's up with the product they are using.

12 hours ago, Oz Linden said:

Sorry, I build SL but don't know much about this forum software.

I used to have a forum up long ago and sometimes there's glitches. These things can be temperamental sometimes! Although I think Grumpity spilled coffee on it and shorted something out. 🤣

4 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

vanish posts,  adam,  my forum software has this happen at times too,  all we know from the company that owns the forum it's self, is database migration from phpnuke which was was on mssql, to phpbb3 using mysql and then moving to xenforo which is still mysql but a newer branch,  has made issues with tables and failed connections,  our data base likes to go away at times, I know this is a hosted solution invision is providing for LL,  LL might need to jab them and see what's up with the product they are using.

I remember changing forum software when I had my board.  Had a few glitches and spent many a night fixing things. Last software I used was Xenforo. Before that it was vBulletin, which used to be the gold standard of forum software, but went downhill after another company bought it and the bean counters went to work.

• Administrators

Hey! Just wanted to stop in, and say thanks for pointing this out.

It was actually a technical glitch that was preventing it, but I was able to resolve it. I am glad to hear you were able to block as needed again.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

the only people you cannot ingore/block are lindes or forum admins or moderators, so more than likely the person was either a former linden or admin or moderators and that flag was never turned off in their profile.

oh a little thing most may not know you can be part of any of the above mentioned groups and not have it show in your profile, if the forum software was setup to allow that.

I used to have a website I was a moderator of until I decided to leave for all the drama, it never showed me as a global moderator even though I was.

Its often used to prevent the "oh oh" response or the "omg its a moderator" response where then everyone pings that person for questions or problems.

On 6/12/2020 at 6:50 PM, Tommy Linden said:

Hey! Just wanted to stop in, and say thanks for pointing this out.

It was actually a technical glitch that was preventing it, but I was able to resolve it. I am glad to hear you were able to block as needed again.

Thanks Tommy, sanity restored ^^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.