33 minutes ago, Akane Nacht said:
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

but I think you have been repeatedly doing the very thing you are accusing me of (taking the knowledge of one's own country and applying it inappropriately to another country).

I've been sharing my perspective. If that feels inappropriate to you, well, not much I can do about it. But you have been posing questions to me about my country, so I answered them.

I am glad you shared your perspective. I've asked about your country because I'm attempting to fully understand where you are coming from. I thought perhaps there was something particular to your culture or your country that was causing you to repeatedly side with conservative elements in my society who basically don't believe Blacks have anything to complain about and believe the bigoted Trump is the US savior. So I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, trying to understand if you just weren't seeing the whole picture of the US -- all the past 400 plus years and the prejudice today that influence the conflict we are now in. Problems which the following 2 videos address well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=tkpUyB2xgTM&feature=emb_logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPVNJgfDwpw

Since you mentioned being in a professional position of helping those less fortunate I especially gave you the benefit of the doubt, not assuming you were a Trumpie bigot. And now, I'm wondering if you do understand a bit better that Blacks truly do have some disadvantages here in the US and so might wish us well in our quest to remedy the situation.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

And now, I'm wondering if you do understand a bit better that Blacks truly do have some disadvantages here in the US and so might wish us well in our quest to remedy the situation.

All people of color needs remedying.  I think it will begin to happen this decade.  We are gearing towards better programs and less police in the greater Los Angeles area as of just last month.  We have much to fix here - health care and education are two big ones.  There are others to tackle.  I'm not a supporter of Trump but he did state something about a 1 trillion dollar infrastructure bill to help American's have jobs and to rebuild America.  The Democrats took it further and raised it to a 1.5 trillion dollar infrastructure bill to help America rebuild, improve and have jobs.   This is a good start but lots more to be done.  What it all will entail, we don't know yet.  Coronavirus is complicating things but some things have already changed.  

Edited by FairreLilette

58 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I'm not a supporter of Trump but he did state something about a 1 trillion dollar infrastructure bill to help American's have jobs and to rebuild America.  The Democrats took it further and raised it to a 1.5 trillion dollar infrastructure bill to help America rebuild, improve and have jobs.   This is a good start but lots more to be done.  What it all will entail, we don't know yet.

The Republicans don't like the bill as is, and it's likely Trump will veto it. I fear it won't be passed unless it funnels more to his wealthy cronies and does little for the poor  :(     However, maybe with Biden there is more hope...

https://www.eenews.net/stories/1063489725

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/house-passes-democrats-dollar15-trillion-infrastructure-plan-over-gop-objections/ar-BB16dUHP

Edited by Luna Bliss

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I really got into Allen watts and really still love to listen to him.. He hit home on a lot of things for me as well that helped a lot..

I love Watts, and agree with all your points.
Like you said, it's pretty useless to argue with those who see religion as a set of rules or laws to adhere to, and only feel others are okay if they adhere to the same rules too. If only one of those rules was to 'be a more loving person' this method of spiritual development might work to a degree though!

I remember the lure of wanting a safe and rigid path to follow, as a teenager seeking for some way to make sense of life, and settling upon Christianity for awhile. I remember liking the feeling of safety having finally discovered "the answer"...lol.  This came crashing down when I met a therapist from India who, upon asking, told me she was not a Christian. I had to decide if I would allow her to help me despite this unwelcome discovery. I ended up allowing her assistance, and began to see the limited box I had placed the world in by thinking only Christianity had value. And all this came from my own mind, as I really didn't know about how the New Testament came to replace the old laws in the Old Testament.

What I like about intense meditation, if done in a disciplined way, is that the rigid rules which make up our perceptions (our stereotypes, our conditioning placed into our mind via socialization), begin to fall away. It can be a little scary to realize how brainwashed one is, how "programmed", as you said, and to have these patterns, these grooves or ruts we guide our life with, fall away. It can be shocking to discover just what we thought and experienced as reality, is simply not. Even on a physical level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

The Republicans don't like the bill as is, and it's likely Trump will veto it. I fear it won't be passed unless it funnels more to his wealthy cronies and does little for the poor  :(     However, maybe with Biden there is more hope...

Actually, it was the Trump administration that came up with the bill BUT at a different price of 1 trillion.  The House Democrats have passed the bill at 1.5 trillion.  So, it's basically "the price".  It's party politics.  They will haggle over the price a little but what else is new.   lol  And, some even say 2 trillion may be needed.   Part of what the Trump administration will not like is the "saving" of the U.S. Postal Service.  Republicans believe the U.S. Postal Service should go private.  So, they are haggling.   Plus, the Democrats have added more things aside from adding the part about the U.S. Postal Service.  Republicans are pretty adamant about the U.S. Postal Service going private though from my understanding of it all and that would be vetoed immediately if it includes the U.S. Postal Service which the Democratic version does.  But, this bill does involve people too, however, schools, hospitals, and other things...so it's relative to this thread.   It's just not finalized yet as to what it will an entail.  So, I guess this bill is what is known as "in it's infancy".  

The Trump administration is preparing a nearly $1 trillion infrastructure proposal as part of its push to spur the world’s largest economy back to life, according to people familiar with the plan.

A preliminary version being prepared by the Department of Transportation would reserve most of the money for traditional infrastructure work, like roads and bridges, but would also set aside funds for 5G wireless infrastructure and rural broadband, the people said.

President Donald Trump is scheduled to discuss rural broadband access at a White House event on Thursday.

Edited by FairreLilette

25 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I love Watts, and agree with all your points.
Like you said, it's pretty useless to argue with those who see religion as a set of rules or laws to adhere to, and only feel others are okay if they adhere to the same rules too. If only one of those rules was to 'be a more loving person' this method of spiritual development might work to a degree though!

I remember the lure of wanting a safe and rigid path to follow, as a teenager seeking for some way to make sense of life, and settling upon Christianity for awhile. I remember liking the feeling of safety having finally discovered "the answer"...lol.  This came crashing down when I met a therapist from India who, upon asking, told me she was not a Christian. I had to decide if I would allow her to help me despite this unwelcome discovery. I ended up allowing her assistance, and began to see the limited box I had placed the world in by thinking only Christianity had value. And all this came from my own mind, as I really didn't know about how the New Testament came to replace the old laws in the Old Testament.

What I like about intense meditation, if done in a disciplined way, is that the rigid rules which make up our perceptions (our stereotypes, our conditioning placed into our mind via socialization), begin to fall away. It can be a little scary to realize how brainwashed one is, how "programmed", as you said, and to have these patterns, these grooves or ruts we guide our life with, fall away. It can be shocking to discover just what we thought and experienced as reality, is simply not. Even on a physical level.

Yea, It's finding out you've been lied to all your life.. That can be a dangerous thing, really it is a dangerous thing.. There are two roads at that point.. The self destructive one or the healing one..

I was on the self destructive one for a good little bit, which was a terrible place to be..I was hate filled and angry looking to fight..I hated myself  and others, didn't care what happened to me, who i was with and wallowing in self pity and just a whole bunch of bad..

It took a really violent act from some people, to change my course..which after learning the things I have, had to happen to set me in the right direction..

I don't look at that as a gift or a message given to me that that happened to me..I see it as a collision that happened because I put myself in the path of it..

That didn't mean I didn't want justice, because I did and got it.. It just means I was out of control and heading for a crash somewhere.. i could learn from it or just keep going down the wrong road..

I'm just glad things lined up and I wisened up.. Because running around with hate inside,is like being a junkie hooked on poison, always running around looking for a fix..

I don't give power to hate of any kind anymore, no matter it's intentions.. There are better ways to deal with things, In my eyes..

If someone wants to hate me for whatever ,they can.. They just best hope they don't touch me at all or any of my children and we'll be just fine.. hehehehe

3 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Actually, it was the Trump administration that came up with the bill BUT at a different price of 1 trillion.  The House Democrats have passed the bill at 1.5 trillion.  So, it's basically "the price".  It's party politics.  They will haggle over the price a little but what else is new.   lol  And, some even say 2 trillion may be needed.   Part of what the Trump administration will not like is the "saving" of the U.S. Postal Service.  Republicans believe the U.S. Postal Service should go private.  So, they are haggling.   Plus, the Democrats have added more things aside from adding the part about the U.S. Postal Service.  Republicans are pretty adamant about the U.S. Postal Service going private though from my understanding of it all and that would be vetoed immediately if it includes the U.S. Postal Service which the Democratic version does.  But, this bill does involve people too, however, schools, hospitals, and other things...so it's relative to this thread.   It's just not finalized yet as to what it will an entail.  So, I guess this bill is what is known as "in it's infancy".  

The Trump administration is preparing a nearly $1 trillion infrastructure proposal as part of its push to spur the world’s largest economy back to life, according to people familiar with the plan.

A preliminary version being prepared by the Department of Transportation would reserve most of the money for traditional infrastructure work, like roads and bridges, but would also set aside funds for 5G wireless infrastructure and rural broadband, the people said.

President Donald Trump is scheduled to discuss rural broadband access at a White House event on Thursday.

It's not the price, it's the little things that are added in, such as renaming bases that were named for Confederate generals, bumping the unemployment payouts longer, a new stimulus payment and others. Trump has already said he will veto it as is. 

On 6/28/2020 at 6:40 PM, FairreLilette said:

I don't understand what you are saying, Molly.  Why would the Queen apologize to people in the United States?  We won our independence almost one hundred years prior.  

You mean the Queen of England will apologize and compensate black people in the United States for their being enslaved?  

We won our independence over 200 years ago... 

On 7/2/2020 at 9:15 AM, FairreLilette said:

This should be done away with.  

Most "crimes" today I'd call "petty" and most involve drugs or alcohol when someone is not in their right mind because they are in a high state of poisoning.  And, even the "petty" stealing is considered drug related.  

I live in a war zone of drugs called "the drug war" and I am always wondering who puts the drugs here in the first place?  Someone who wanted the lower classes to take it in order to control them or enslave them?   There are whites in the lower classes too.  But, drugs can destroy the lives of all classes.  Drugs - the equal opportunity destroyer.  

My sister before she went into her deep depression of nearly eight years and wouldn't speak, wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink, wouldn't move...one of the last things she said to me is "people are evil".  If someone, like the government, put drugs here in the hopes it would keep us down and enslaved, we need help to get rid of these drugs.   The drugs are worthless.  We need freedom from them already!    But, it never seems to change.  I think the governments put the drugs here and that is evil.  

I think these petty drug crimes should not result in prison either but rather treatment centers.  

I think my sister has serious PTSD and that's why she said "people are evil".  This is the sister who was beaten by the out of uniform police officer along with her son.  

You really do live in LaLa land... You think the "drug wars" are the cause of all this? Having read all 24 pages of this thread, your comments seem to be the most "living in a bubble world" i have ever seen. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:
On 6/28/2020 at 3:40 PM, FairreLilette said:

I don't understand what you are saying, Molly.  Why would the Queen apologize to people in the United States?  We won our independence almost one hundred years prior.  

You mean the Queen of England will apologize and compensate black people in the United States for their being enslaved?  

We won our independence over 200 years ago... 

Molly, stated that the particular date she was using for some kind of redemption was about 1885, so that would be over 100 and not 200, so no you did not read the whole thread as you state below.  This is why you are on ignore.  Please don't quote me again, you will get no response.  

10 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Having read all 24 pages of this thread, your comments seem to be the most "living in a bubble world" i have ever seen. 

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Molly, stated that the particular date she was using for some kind of redemption was about 1885

1865 when the US 13th Amendment was ratified.  In the context of US black people and if restitution/reparations were ever to be considered then this could be a starting date

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

It's not the price, it's the little things that are added in, such as renaming bases that were named for Confederate generals, bumping the unemployment payouts longer, a new stimulus payment and others. Trump has already said he will veto it as is. 

I decided to reply to this because do you even read at all?

And, no that isn't what the infrastructure bill is about and that isn't why Trump would veto it as is.  I explained in my post why he would veto it is because the Republicans want the United States Postal Service to go private.  Do you even know what private means?  The Democrats added the United States Postal Service into their revised version and explained that in my post.  But, saying that you read this thread or even read was an out and out lie.

I said this country won it's independence over 100 years ago because it correlated to a point Molly was making and had nothing to do with when the U.S. won it's Independence as of today.  

But, I have to question whether you even read at all because this infrastructure bill has nothing to do with the stimulus due to coronavirus.  The first stimulus bill was called the Cares Act.  The next proposed stimulus is called the HEROES act and is not connected in any way to the infrastructure bill which is in it's infancy.

I do question as to whether you even read at all because you post was purely lame.  

Edited by FairreLilette