Can we please have the Deploy Plans of the Week?

Miller Thor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That was my guess when the initial announcement was made on Friday.

I am seeing a lot of the same slipshod style of doing things everywhere; not just businesses, not just on the internet. Linden Lab isn't as vulnerable as some companies. but for a company with a world-wide customer base, it feels rather parochial.

9 hours ago, Miller Thor said:

It would be nice to know what happens today on Main chanel.

Apologies ... things were in flux a bit longer than usual and this got dropped.

There will not be a main channel roll today.

Wednesday we plan to roll all the major RCs to the same simulator maintenance build (assuming it passes QA ...still testing); release notes should be available soon..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@Oz Linden  OK enough, already.  Where is the thread detailing the release that was rolled to the RC Channels today??  The roll has now finished/completed and there is NOTHING on this forum thread.  C'mon guys, if you were rolling a fix what's with the silence?

Edited by Aishagain
  • Thanks 1

Release notes for what rolled to the RCs would be here if they weren't locked down. We can follow Hanlon's Razor and assume it was just a screw-up, but maybe if we concoct an elaborate enough conspiracy theory, they'll set the default permissions on release notes to +r world so this doesn't keep happening.

Meanwhile, as usual Inara Pey has got our back:

On Wednesday, June 10th, the same RC deployment will be rolled to all of the simulator RC channels. This comprises:

• A minor script constant fix (CLICK_ACTION_ZOOM and CLICK_ACTION_DISABLED were missing).
  • The chat range changes for channel 0. [That's the "Voices Carry" project, which thankfully has nothing to do with voice.]

• Thanks 1

I can see some uses for that Chat range option, but with it being set at region/estate level, I do wonder if it's ever going to be used at the RC stage. It might be useful for the SLB stage set ups, but since I didn't have power for most of the roll-out period I couldn't watch the map. Can it be adequately tested?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.