LottaSinclair

ANY Vampire Roleplay?

Hello,

I'm looking for ANY vampire-themed roleplay; does anybody know ANY vampire roleplay communities, in any setting or era that focuses on roleplay, particularly vampire-focused roleplay (not Bloodlines) and not live music events?

I've tried a few vampire RP sims, didn't really fancy any of them very much. I've had some of my best RP sessions with just pulling a few friends together, choose a setting, building a scene for it and then playing by our own rules. It's been a while since I did that though, and now that I'm on vacation I might be interested in having another go at it. Feel free to give me a nudge if you think you'd be interested in something such - I'm very fond of vampire roleplay and figure that's what I should do next anyway.

Alas, haven't found a good place for that since Venexia closed. I've also done the small group of friends method, so you may want to consider that. You're welcome to message me too, but my online times are a bit random.

Posted (edited)

Thank you, Orwar. 

I've tried looking for vampire roleplay sims and groups, all to no avail. The best I've found are "combat and roleplay" sims that have the keyword "vampire" in the description among many others, such as "modern", "elf", "supernatural"... I find in a lot of these places, most people are afk, but have really cool outfits, armor and weapons. It's really difficult getting into this kind of community, that doesn't seem to be active or dedicated to roleplay, or even combat, as it's advertised, with all of the different combat systems listed in the description, many of which are no longer active. No-one responds when you talk to them in these places. Other places that don't necessarily have to do much with vampires have the word "vampire" casually thrown in, but it's difficult just showing up and announcing yourself as a vampire, because vampires are seen negatively, perhaps due to the association with Bloodlines. 

That's why I'm hoping to see if anybody knows any dedicated vampire communities, at all... much like the active medieval fantasy, or modern family, town or school sims you see. I don't really mind if people think it's a bad community, or it isn't right for them, as long as I know the names of some active groups and communities at all; perhaps I can meet more people who can point me in the right direction and help me go deeper down the rabbit hole to find what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a community where I can just jump in and immerse myself in the role at any time, and build a story around my character over time, as with any other good roleplay. 

There's a roleplay community for almost every kind of theme and setting; the vampire theme and community has eluded me for so long, but I know it exists and there are people who are into it, otherwise I wouldn't hear about vampires so often.  

Edited by LottaSinclair

My first avatar was (and still is) a vampire, and in the 14 years she's been here only got involved with a vampire 'community' once, when Bloodlines first appeared and she had her own clan.

In being in a solely vampire community the emphasis tends towards politics and infighting usually results. Some people love this sort of thing, but for me, the vampire tends towards the solitary life, or may have 1 or 2 others in companionship.

Some of her best times have been living in an RP community and operating as a lone vampire, and purely for the hunt. The best way to survive if you're actually staying in one area is to make sure you leave no trail, and it was incredibly rare that she killed anyone. The art was in seduction, and the small drink, just to keep her going.

I just thought I'd offer an alternative view, as it can be very satisfying immersing yourself, and not being reliant on a whole community in order to have your own fun.

Good hunting!

11 hours ago, Sister Nova said:

My first avatar was (and still is) a vampire, and in the 14 years she's been here only got involved with a vampire 'community' once, when Bloodlines first appeared and she had her own clan.

In being in a solely vampire community the emphasis tends towards politics and infighting usually results. Some people love this sort of thing, but for me, the vampire tends towards the solitary life, or may have 1 or 2 others in companionship.

Some of her best times have been living in an RP community and operating as a lone vampire, and purely for the hunt. The best way to survive if you're actually staying in one area is to make sure you leave no trail, and it was incredibly rare that she killed anyone. The art was in seduction, and the small drink, just to keep her going.

I just thought I'd offer an alternative view, as it can be very satisfying immersing yourself, and not being reliant on a whole community in order to have your own fun.

Good hunting!

That makes sense; I think spending time in an RP community for a long time, you will start wanting to spend time with yourself. But I haven't even gotten the opportunity to even find, let alone spend even the slightest amount of time in one. So I don't mind if people think it's bad, mediocre or a complete waste of time, I just want to know the names of some communities, bad or good, so I can experience it myself. Instead of people saying it's not worthwhile, I want to make my own mind up about it. I've had people saying something is bad and not worth your time, but I've experienced it for myself and I end up loving it.

So far, hardly anybody has even mentioned the name of any community, even if it it doesn't exist anymore.

I've had the best experience with other themed roleplay communities; it's easy to jump in and enjoy yourself when everything is there for you to partake in. It's not so easy when you don't have any friends that want to roleplay the same thing with you. It makes it more immersive and real when a world is built around roleplaying a particular thing, instead of calling friends in to meet up and agree on a particular, pre-scripted scene. The spontaneity and variety is key.

Try Clifton Forge. It's a cute little village with a lot going on behind the scenes. They seem very active, or at least they post a lot of group notices. They have a place called "Sip n Bite", which may be what you're looking for.

22 hours ago, animats said:

Try Clifton Forge. It's a cute little village with a lot going on behind the scenes. They seem very active, or at least they post a lot of group notices. They have a place called "Sip n Bite", which may be what you're looking for.

Hello animats,

I have tried Clifton Forge; it was the most prominent supernatural and vampire community I could find.

But I've found that during the times I'm online, there's hardly anyone there and if there is, they are intensely involved in a para-roleplay scene, which is difficult to get into. You don't want to disturb them. I've found that when I try and weave myself into the scene, they move away and ignore me. There's also usually some lone people who are seemingly AFK; they don't respond when you start a dialogue with them or they walk away when you do. 

I'm willing to try Clifton Forge again if there's really nothing better.

I'm looking for a more active community that is more welcoming, and easier to get into. 

If anybody knows the names of any communities that I might want to look into, please tell me.

Hi Lotta! I'm sorry you had a hard time breaking in at Clifton Forge. Para rp definitely isn't for everyone but you definitely should roll up and disturb people if you want to. Some of that is typical of most rp sims.

Are you in the seeking roleplay group in world? That might be a good port of call when looking for something that suits you 🙂

On 6/11/2020 at 6:34 PM, LottaSinclair said:

But I've found that during the times I'm online, there's hardly anyone there and if there is, they are intensely involved in a para-roleplay scene, which is difficult to get into. You don't want to disturb them. I've found that when I try and weave myself into the scene, they move away and ignore me. There's also usually some lone people who are seemingly AFK; they don't respond when you start a dialogue with them or they walk away when you do. 

When you say para, do you mean a few lines or a few posts full?

And have you tried Unnatural yet? It's one of the first modern supernatural sims that I can recall springing up from a few years ago, and they recently brought back the sim this year. I've been having a lot of fun and I've noticed the RP styles and length vary from person to person, though few actually do one-liners.

6 hours ago, littlenixie said:

When you say para, do you mean a few lines or a few posts full?

'Para' is short for 'Paragraph'; it's a style of role play in which people prefer to write long text blocks (because apparently quantity is better than quality). It's usually quite slow paced, and people tend to fill out their paragraphs with unnecessary detail or even project thoughts and perceptions (which many traditional role players frown upon). 

Example: someone asks you 'did you eat the last biscuit from the tin?', fig 1; 'normal' role play: Time to respond, ca: 10 seconds.

Smiles innocently. "Who, me? No, of course I did't . . ."

fig 2; 'para' role play: Time to respond, ca: 7-9 minutes.

Smiles innocently, kind of twirling their foot by lifting their heel and digging their toes into the ground before them, thinking back to their childhood when they used to get into trouble for raiding their grannies' larder for biscuits and jam, and how they'd cry when they were caught or found out and get to taste the carpet beater - or worse, the rolling pin! The question filled them with a sense of dread, their gaze lowering to avoid contact. It was a Wednesday, and they never really enjoyed Wednesdays, and it was events just like this one that made them feel such spite for that horrible day; they wished it would just get over with and turn into Thursday, or even better still, Friday (( gotta love that song btw LOL )), but time just stood still, wouldn't move, as if the universe had ceased to move - so dreadful was this accusation, but of course it only had that effect because it was true; they DID eat the last biscuit from the tin. "No, I did not!", they proclaimed, although they could already feel the guilt growing, now had they not only committed that terrible act but also lied about it, surely if there was a Hell, it would have a special place for people such as them, oh woe! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Orwar said:

'Para' is short for 'Paragraph'; it's a style of role play in which people prefer to write long text blocks (because apparently quantity is better than quality). It's usually quite slow paced, and people tend to fill out their paragraphs with unnecessary detail or even project thoughts and perceptions (which many traditional role players frown upon). 

Example: someone asks you 'did you eat the last biscuit from the tin?', fig 1; 'normal' role play: Time to respond, ca: 10 seconds.

Smiles innocently. "Who, me? No, of course I did't . . ."

fig 2; 'para' role play: Time to respond, ca: 7-9 minutes.

Smiles innocently, kind of twirling their foot by lifting their heel and digging their toes into the ground before them, thinking back to their childhood when they used to get into trouble for raiding their grannies' larder for biscuits and jam, and how they'd cry when they were caught or found out and get to taste the carpet beater - or worse, the rolling pin! The question filled them with a sense of dread, their gaze lowering to avoid contact. It was a Wednesday, and they never really enjoyed Wednesdays, and it was events just like this one that made them feel such spite for that horrible day; they wished it would just get over with and turn into Thursday, or even better still, Friday (( gotta love that song btw LOL )), but time just stood still, wouldn't move, as if the universe had ceased to move - so dreadful was this accusation, but of course it only had that effect because it was true; they DID eat the last biscuit from the tin. "No, I did not!", they proclaimed, although they could already feel the guilt growing, now had they not only committed that terrible act but also lied about it, surely if there was a Hell, it would have a special place for people such as them, oh woe! 

Oscar_Grouch_Thumb.jpg

• Haha 4

@OrwarThank you for that definition, but I was just asking OP what kind of para the others were doing. XD Like multiple lines, or multiple posts?