Next Owner: No copy, No mod, No transfer -- how?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It depends upon what you're selling, but you should not do this. However sometimes perms are misleading.

Example I sell scripted vendors that are copy/modify, however my script is copy only, the item will look like it's no mod, but you can mod the prim.

Ciaran Laval wrote:

It depends upon what you're selling, but you should not do this. However sometimes perms are misleading.

Example I sell scripted vendors that are copy/modify, however my script is copy only, the item will look like it's no mod, but you can mod the prim.

Not selling, giving (testing a vendor unit). I don't want any beta copies to go anywhere except who I give them to, and no copies.

Seems a reasonable thing to ask of LL; why prevent it?

Why in the world would you disable all permissions? O_o

If you don't want people to transfer your beta, how about just no modify no transfer?

There's no way to make a single object no copy no mod no trans, because there simply isn't any reason to do this.

Only way you can get an object to display no copy no mod no trans is if it has stuff inside it that has different disabled permissions. But anyone can simply delete those objects and change the permission back.

Suki

This is a TEST object.

I do not want the person testing to have more than one copy for now, I do not want them to give it to anyone else for now, and I dont want them to modify it.

This is not an object you wear with different outfits, it is a vendor board for testing in a single location in their parcel.

Is this unreasonable?

This is really a building question. Make the object no copy and no modify. Put something in its contents that is no transfer.  You cannot remove copy/no-transfer items from no modify objects. [ You can take a copy of the contents but the opriginal will stay in there. ]

Domitan Redenblack wrote:

Suki

This is a TEST object.

I do not want the person testing to have more than one copy
for now
, I do not want them to give it to anyone else
for now
, and I dont want them to modify it.

This is not an object you wear with different outfits, it is a vendor board for testing in a single location in their parcel.

Is this unreasonable?

How will they use the vendor if it's no mod? No mod means they can't load anything into it.

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

This is really a building question. Make the object no copy and no modify. Put something in its contents that is no transfer.  You cannot remove copy/no-transfer items from no modify objects. [ You can take a copy of the contents but the opriginal will stay in there. ]

Thanks, Cerise. The vendor has one script and one notecard in it. If I make the script "next owner: no mod, no transfer" will this do it?

Ciaran Laval wrote: How will they use the vendor if it's no mod? No mod means they can't load anything into it.

It vends information from my website.

So just plonk it down yourself and then there is no issue with next owner perms.

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Thanks, Cerise. The vendor has one script and one notecard in it. If I make the script "next owner: no mod, no transfer" will this do it?

Yes, you might want the script to check llGetCreator() for a match to help keep the script out of circulation after the test.

Something like this should make it impossible to transfer, I think:

key previous_owner;default{    state_entry()    {       previous_owner = llGetOwner();    }    changed(integer change){                if(change & CHANGED_OWNER){            if(previous_owner!=llGetCreator()){                llDie();            }            previous_owner = llGetOwner();                    }                    }}

I do demo objects as no mod, no copy, then drop in a script that has it's own kill date that it check... it run fin till it exceeds the check date, then kills itself... this also prevent people from accidentally using a testing version instead of a release version... for the release I just strip out the kill checks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.