I'm unsure if this is some sort of hack

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everybody!!!

The strangest thing happened to. I IM'd a good friend and she asked me questions she would know the answers to. Then She IM'd me and told me to secure my email, because she thought I was hacked. When I chat with her again parts of her chat were missing from my chat records. I remembered what she said. Could I have been hacked to the point where someone got into my PC and deleted parts of previous chats??? I wonder if her account was hacked, or she's being played by multiple people. Any thoughts anyone???

Everything is Ok on my drive., so my PC isn't hacked. It' was very unusual though to have a friend ask me questions she should know!!!

That's what I thought. Now I think she may being played by two people, but not as a hack. Hard to tell, as she won't directly answer some questions. That's why I suspect. 

It went through my mind that maybe the person you thought was your friend, could have been someone with a very closely similar name as user name and the same display name - in that case, that avatar's chat would not be in your IM log of your conversation with your friend. Looking through your IM logs (for that date) might reveal this to be the case or not though.

Why anyone would be trying this on with you, I have no idea though!

Edited by Emma Krokus
spelling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.