SL17B Meet the Employees Social Campaign!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Hi everyone!

We’re celebrating 17 years of Second Life this June and we’d like to introduce you to some of our employees that keep our beloved virtual world up and running. We’ll be doing this throughout the month! The SL17B celebrations begin on June 19th, make sure to check the featured blogs section for updates on that soon. 

I will be posting a few employee images a day on our official Flickr account first, and then probably on the rest of the social networks as well as this forum post. 

Today's featured employees are Wendi, April, and Izzy Linden!

Wendi Linden.jpg

April Linden.jpg

Izzy Linden.jpg

Keep scrolling for more employee pics, or check them all out in our Employee Flickr Album!

• Like 28

10 minutes ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

I heard that Izzy has THE messiest desk in all of the LL offices,  even messier than TJ's.

The Linden that told me about SL way back when said some of the staff have ultra messy desks. Said one staff person --- maybe Izzy --- found a '57 Chevy in the debris! 🤣 The guy drove it east to Tracy CA, but the levee was dry! 😝

Three wishes that have remained the same since I joined Second Life 600 years ago :

1) Allow us to flip a sim 90 degrees, so that one of the horizontal dimensions is 4,000 meters long.  This would allow us to fly that distance as long as we stayed lower than 250 meters in altitude, and have adventures along a sea coast, or a river, or through an entire city.  250 meter limit in X,Y is far too small.

2) Allow us to temp rez on all abandoned land.

3)  Allow us to change from ultra tiny size to giants with an LSL command.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DoctorEigen Flow said:

2) Allow us to temp rez on all abandoned land.

I thought about suggesting a similar thing as a perk for premium members, not on abandoned lands though but on protected lands, but I guess that'll take too much coding and might seem unfair. Maybe allowing temp rez (by simply changing the return time) for 1 minute on all protected lands? Might increase the value of most roadside properties, or it might not because I guess a lot of people value the certainty of not having griefer rez things next to their land compared to people who value rez zones (like I do which is why my places are almost always besides a rez zone) so I guess the current balance of protected lands with some rez zones is ok, because those who prefer safety will get a land next to a protected land without rez, and those who prefer having a rez zone will try to get a land next to one.

15 minutes ago, DoctorEigen Flow said:

1) Allow us to flip a sim 90 degrees, so that one of the horizontal dimensions is 4,000 meters long.  This would allow us to fly that distance as long as we stayed lower than 250 meters in altitude, and have adventures along a sea coast, or a river, or through an entire city.  250 meter limit in X,Y is far too small.

Eventhough I don' t think LL employees presenting here can grant you this wish, I also have doubts about the possibility of implementation : your suggestion would need to make the grid flexiible in exchanging dimensional coordinates on the fly or based on it' s  " state" . My opinion is that this would break or heavily corrupt simcrossings.

If all regions where not interconnected by defined sizes, the grid would become too large or cumbersome to handle.

Edited by TDD123

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.