ty for the ansers but here whast happens.

reese Shawbridge

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

bascailly ive heard on the grape vein that LL are soom to abolish V1 systems to be ready for Mesh. prob is i can't run v2 and dj at same time and cannot sem to run v2 at all for long periods casue me cpu can't handle it but the specs to actually use it are in teh green. can sumbody please explain why.

my specs are thus.

Intel celeron P4 2.97ghz Single Core

4 gig DDR2 1066 fsb

Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX + with XFX tech 512 mb

and over 2 T of hardrive space

50 Meg BB up and 1.7 meg down

using the above specs,v2 runs little laggys somestimes fails to log in and other times logs in then i get failed to load gesture packs then ya booted. v1 works fine and i can dj as well same time with em both ruuning with yahoo mesenger and msn in background. yes top end card for its time yes using pci express v1 slot. but my motherbaord is only 2 years olds supports sata 2.0 dule bios 6 fan slots of the mb ok pci is only a 16x and the issue i get off the card is simples got a 450 watt in the machine and it requires 450 watts to drive the card so thast the ovi option. so ma ? is why would LL post dat u can run v2 on a single core chip when its dam well ovi u cannot. they should get there facts right casue many peopel have prob hit this curve ball and either quit or spent 1000's of pounds to get logged in

v1 shoudl be listed as single core or dual core greater

v2 as a 2core quad or quad core or 8x series i8 chip or greater not the specs they have listed. that is ma point. 

they given out fasle information so ya think yas system would work on ther latest relase when it does not.

sorry for the rant but tehy should make a v2 viweier for leser powerful machines and a v2+ for the high spec toys so we allcan have a go.

ty reese.

2 answers to this question

Intel celeron P4 2.97ghz Single Core

I am surprised you can log on at all with an 8 year old CPU.

First let me say that v1 is not going to be just up and disabled.  You will not be able to see mesh for instance but you can still log in.  As another option, you could also use one of the chat only clients while you DJ.  Log in with a normal viewer and get to the gig.  Once there, log out and then back in with the chat client.  You will not be able to move but you will look like you are there and you will be able to chat as if you were actually there (which you are, actually, there - just on a viewer that does not draw the pictures).

• Like 1

A Celeron CPU is pretty old and is pretty low performing too.  I'm not sure Intel even makes that CPU anymore.  That is part of your problem.  The other part I see in that you listed an nVidia 9800GTX video card.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with that card (I had one for a couple years.......it's a high performance video card even by today's standards) but that card needs a PCI express slot to work at the performance it's rated for.  A P4 motherboard is old..........are you sure you have a PCI express slot?  If so, it is probably first generation and won't support your card's maximum performance (though it would work......just not at the level one would expect from a 9800 GTX card).  And one more thing.  You've obviously upgraded your computer.  Did you also upgrade your power supply?  The 9800 GTX requires a minimum of 450 watts, plus a secondary connection to your power supply to run properly.  High end video cards also tend to run hotter than that low spec'd cards.  The 9800 GTX does not run as hot as a lot of other cards but it will heat up when using SL (mine would run at 85 degrees C when in SL but I had extra case fans).  You may be having a heating problem.

I can't tell you why you can't run V-2.............but V-2 on my computer is actually quite faster than any TPV or 1.23.  It's less memory hungry.  I do know that V-2 does not run very well with lower end cards..........and I'm thinking maybe you have your 9800 GTX installed without the additional power connection and that will lower the performance of the card to something quite a bit less than you might think.  The card will work...........but it will work about like an onboard graphics adapter (IGP) (and V-2 is horrible with IGP's).

Oh.........that 4 gigs of RAM is useless unless you have a 64 bit operating system.  Do Celeron CPU's support 64 bit architecture?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.