Videos/Podcasts/Media/Books for the movement for Black Lives

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone!

(For context of my positioning, I am white)

This is simply a post where people can share resources for the movement for Black Lives.

I think we all engage with different forms of media differently. I tend to prefer podcasts and videos than books.

But I thought it could be helpful for people to share links to things they have read/watched/listened to made by Black people that discuss the movement for Black Lives/ the Black Lives Matter movement.

The following is a video that has been shared a lot on instagram and was a really clear explanation about perspectives on the protests with a background in the history of the last 500 years of Black lives in America and how white society has treated Black people during that time, and the social contract we make with the police that the police force have repeatedly broken when it comes to their interaction with Black people.

Speech by Kimberly Latrice Jones in the following Link:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CA5dceQJUF5/?igshid=w14k0cb0b4sc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

What?

Screenshot_20200609-011646.png

At first glance the dark font on dark background is annoying.

But if you really wanted to read their contributions, you had two additional options to just posting what you did.  Run your cursor over the text & highlight, making it more legible.  Or temporarily revert to a light background. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

At first glance the dark font on dark background is annoying.

But if you really wanted to read their contributions, you had two additional options to just posting what you did.  Run your cursor over the text & highlight, making it more legible.  Or temporarily revert to a light background. 

Reading the content and pointing out how hard it is to read aren't mutually exclusive. 

16 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

Reading the content and pointing out how hard it is to read aren't mutually exclusive. 

Okay.

i have a pericallosal lipoma (a type of brain tumor that can not be removed). 
Since being diagnosed, my attention span has dwindled & my ability to take in large quantities of information & actively comprehend a message has almost wholly disappeared.  I have to pause often & reread sentences to understand the words.  I also have to stop and concentrate for several minutes to think of words that elude me.  
Contrast this to previously I read voraciously several books a week for 30+ years & actually scored the highest on the written expression potion of the ACT in my state in 1994.  

Now I can’t even tell you what I ate for lunch today or remember what tv show I am watching when it switches to a commercial break.  
BUT when I am determined to gain an understanding of something you betcha I concentrate & make it work.

i would hope if you couldn’t understand the OP you could be more precise than “what?”

& yes.  I read the OP & understood it.

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
Had to change concise to precise
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.