HTTP question to persistent grid URL

Tonk Tomcat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey, one question:

If you set-up the app for persistent grid URL made by Latif Khalifa on your own google app engine, is it somehow possible to request one persistent key without the need to use a website interface and put that key into your script by hand? If so, can someone give me a little hint on what i should wrap my head around? It's my first time doing something like that.

If you are in an experience, you can use key-value scripts for persistence ,

if not, you can use google forms + sheets, make your own google app,

or ...use or run a server with some db code.  I'm having luck with using

Repl.it to store urls, but it is mostly for small instances, not something

with a ton of customers etc, and you would need something like Uptime Robot

to ping your server there to keep it alive.

14 minutes ago, Xiija said:

you can use google forms + sheets, make your own google app, or ...use or run a server with some db code.  I'm having luck with using Repl.it to store urls, but it is mostly for small instances, not something with a ton of customers etc

AWS offers free database services. I haven't gotten around to trying it yet but it sounds like a super good offer. I doubt anybody in SL is going to reach its limits.

• 750 hours per month of database usage
  • 20 GB of database storage
  • 20 GB of database backups

or

• 25 GB of database storage
  • 25 "units of write capacity"
  • 25 "units of read capacity" (Enough for 200 million requests per month.)
Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2

Thanks everybody :) I managed to get it to work with the open source grid persister from Latif Khalifa.

I set it up to my own google app engine and use the server object uuid as persistent key. This key is sent to my client object together with the google app url and after a sim restart the server and client contact the google app to magically be able to find again. So i guess the url is not stored anywhere, but the scripts on the google app help to generate a http url with the persistent key, so both items are able to communicate again.

On 6/9/2020 at 3:18 PM, Oz Linden said:

Can you be more specific about what "the thing" is?

If it relies on Latif, then it probably no longer works, since they passed over 4 years ago

With "the thing" i mean to register the url to a webserver. I'm not sure if that is what happens with Khalifas scripts, because i'm not familiar with using Phyton. But i think that code just use  the input persistent key to generate a http url and send this back to the objects after a request.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.