Firestorm Viewer HiDPI (Mac only)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I finally decided to try out the HiDPI on my 16" MacBook Pro. I was a bit worried because there is a warning that it will degrade performance.

However, I found the exact opposite. My frame rate almost doubled and the graphics are crisp and clear. It makes SL look absolutely stunning.

Anyone else getting this same result or is it just me?

2 hours ago, seaef said:

I finally decided to try out the HiDPI on my 16" MacBook Pro. I was a bit worried because there is a warning that it will degrade performance.

However, I found the exact opposite. My frame rate almost doubled and the graphics are crisp and clear. It makes SL look absolutely stunning.

On any given computer system, if you hit the optimal screen size for the GPU, it will be faster, obviously mostly when scaling high rez resolutions down.

33 minutes ago, Anastasia Horngold said:

On my 2015 MacBook Pro with Retina, enabling HiDPI reduces my FPS drastically. Just providing a data point.

What graphics card do you have?

• 3 months later...
On 6/8/2020 at 4:25 AM, seaef said:

What other settings did you change? I have the same model and if anything drops the FPS on the Macbook 16"

• 3 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.