Second Life As an Artistic Masterpiece

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What I love about Second Life is that, it is what you make it. You choose how to live your SL, and your choices will govern how many other others perceive you. It's like a blank canvas, you decide what you paint. But what I to know from my experience on SL, I realized that this platform can be used as a form of expression in the form of videos, pictures, blogs, vlogs etc. but I don't know how too start. Anyone has any advice on this?

• Like 1

In SL art can take forms that are impossible in RL due to the constraints of physics not being present in SL, however I am not sure much of it that explores this aspect is very good. This could be because art that is best exists within particular limits, and when you remove all the limits the art suffers.

• Like 2

If you give me a beep inworld (same name as here on the boards) I can drop you a few picture tip notecards I have collected over time.Β 

From there I recommend setting up a Flickr account where you can display your pictures, join groups so you can share them with others etc.Β  Blogging is a personal thing and you can have many different types.Β  You can give fashion blogging a go (showing off looks and items you love), or maybe you are an SL explorer and can blog about your adventures in SL, or you can even do some X-rated blogs about more X-rated adventures and things.Β  I'm usually standing around doing nothing a lot of the time I am logged in and have been blogging in SL since 2009, so don't mind giving some help there too.

• Like 2

Β  Β It's hard to say 'you should do X to learn how to Y', reading blogs or watching video tutorials on advanced photo editing won't be much helpful before you know what's applicable to SL and how to get a decent shot out of SL to start with - I usually say that you can't edit a bad shot into a good shot; if you want to learn about photography it's probably better to start with the photography than trying to imitate other bloggers and their methods.

Β  Β I personally have little to no interest in blogging, I'm interested in SL photography and focus on that as a means to express my thoughts, feelings and desires; that's going to be difficult with someone else dictating what I should wear! For me it began with photography, and eventually I started editing, and then I started making my own poses. I've also tried my hand at meshing and texturing, but found that less interesting and too time consuming to learn.

Β  Β In the end, I think it must be up to you to feel which way(s) that you want to express yourself through, and what you expect to get out of it. And be patient - I've been at it for about 3 years now, and I learn new things all the time still!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Orwar said:

Β  Β It's hard to say 'you should do X to learn how to Y', reading blogs or watching video tutorials on advanced photo editing won't be much helpful before you know what's applicable to SL and how to get a decent shot out of SL to start with - I usually say that you can't edit a bad shot into a good shot; if you want to learn about photography it's probably better to start with the photography than trying to imitate other bloggers and their methods.

Honestly this was very helpful. There is so much you can do with this platform and I still learning day by day. I'll have to do a bit more research but I am very excited to explore the possibilities. 😊

On 6/9/2020 at 4:16 AM, Jordan Whitt said:

If you give me a beep inworld (same name as here on the boards) I can drop you a few picture tip notecards I have collected over time.Β 

Thank you so much I would love that. 😊

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.