Lindex and Logic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, Mari Moonbeam said:

I don't get it. Millions more dollars for sale then buyers yet the number of Lindens per USD has been falling.

They have, we want Lindens--its a buyers market yet people offer buy at ever dropping exchange rates.

Why ?

The chart you see only lists limit buy and sell offers. The vast majority of Linden buys are with market buys through the viewer, which come from the best available limit sell offer. The limit buys listed will be filled by market sells, which most savvy people who have Lindens to sell will avoid. My guess is that limit buys are largely filled when Linden Lab tops off the Linden supply to make up for the various "sinks" that cause Lindens to leave the market (upload fees, etc.)

Long story short - the amounts shown as being for sale and the limit buys listed are never going to add up.

15 minutes ago, Mari Moonbeam said:

Millions more dollars for sale then buyers yet the number of Lindens per USD has been falling.

Right now there's a pretty huge number of L$s offered for sale at L$245 per US$. I'd guess that includes Supply Linden's "firewall" of L$s to protect the currency from getting too valuable. If the Lab quit offering to mint new L$s and relied on purely resident-to-resident trades, the L$ would appreciate because sinks (like Marketplace fees) exceed sources (like stipends).

That said, I think it's a fair assumption that Supply has set L$245 as the new target. It was L$250 for years and years, then shifted to around 260 for a while (maybe early this year?)... no idea why they ever adjust that target.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.