how Adapt a clothing to different mesh body?

Excella Deluxe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What is the ways more easy for adapt a clothing to different mesh body? I'm start to designer clothing and get something dev kit, then i created a mesh cloth to mesh body, now if i want adapt to another body o can make that the most possible better and exactly??

"easy" is relative to your skill level and knowledge of the programme you are using. Personally I just import each clothing model to each dev kit and then use edit tools, proportional edit, sculpting etc to adjust to shape before rigging to the new kit.

1 hour ago, Ada Radius said:

It's not cheap nor free, but it can be done fast in Marvelous Designer.  Make avatars (obj works better than dae) you can import, redrape with their excellent physics engine. 

Yes, but now I dont want to use MD, I want create the clothing from zero, If use slink as base.. but later mmm.... If the adapt to another mesh body with different shape.. I see how will change all objects, make another 🤔🤔🤔

2 hours ago, HunniHope said:

"easy" is relative to your skill level and knowledge of the programme you are using. Personally I just import each clothing model to each dev kit and then use edit tools, proportional edit, sculpting etc to adjust to shape before rigging to the new kit.

Ok, then you recomend make clothing model First right? DONE. About the Sculping, I have Sculping the cloth before with the obj or later adapt the clothing to new mesh body?

when you have made you clothign piece to fit the first body. you can either A: export as obj or dae (do not triangulate) or B: append it into new body.

for type A, you would open new dev kit, import object, adjust the size, then rig it. 

for type B, instead of importing the clothign peice you can append, then adjust size and rig it. If you append a rigged peice then you have some cleanign up to do before you resize it and bind it to new armature.

If however, for example, you are making for slink physique and want to resize to slink hourglass, then join the slink discord chat, you would have had a link for it in the email for your dev kit, Siddean has made some videos showing how to adjust size. 

On 6/8/2020 at 4:30 PM, HunniHope said:

when you have made you clothign piece to fit the first body. you can either A: export as obj or dae (do not triangulate) or B: append it into new body.

for type A, you would open new dev kit, import object, adjust the size, then rig it. 

for type B, instead of importing the clothign peice you can append, then adjust size and rig it. If you append a rigged peice then you have some cleanign up to do before you resize it and bind it to new armature.

If however, for example, you are making for slink physique and want to resize to slink hourglass, then join the slink discord chat, you would have had a link for it in the email for your dev kit, Siddean has made some videos showing how to adjust size. 

Thank you! i will put in practice. Can you tell where i can find that video? i cant find. Ty

• 2 years later...

I was thinking of how to do the same thing, I wanna adapt a slink attachment to a kupra body for the psicorp dragon avatar, primarily the legs, hands and body spines. I got some skins for it, but otherwise I need to adapt it to the new body type, I got limited skills with 3D modeling, as in I am clueless as to how to create and rig a model, but I CAN however likely modify pre-existing stuff in much the same way I can do basic modifications to existing code but can't make my own code to save my life or any major changes to existing code outside of basic stuff.

Edited by Kathera Larkham
to change how something was worded

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.