LMs in Notecards failing to open

GloriaGlitter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a fashion brand franchise store in SL.  In that store I have over 160 vendors over 4 levels.  The outfits are for multiple mesh bodies (9 in total including Maitreya, Belleza, Slink, etc) but not every outfit is available for every mesh body.  So to assist customers to locate which outfits are suitable for their mesh, I made an interactive catalog hud.  When you click the hud it opens a menu where you select what mesh body you are.  The next menu allows you to select for your mesh, how you want the list sorted - by name, color, price or outfit type.  Once you make a selection, you are offered the relevant notecard.  The notecard has five columns.  The first column is a clickable texture which has the name of the outfit, then outfit type (dress, coat, swimsuit, etc), then color, then price and finally a LM that takes you direct to the relevant vendor.

When I tested this it worked like a dream and a few I shared it with thought it was extremely helpful concept - saves them spending ages trying to find stuff in a store.  This took a couple of weeks to collect and organise the data in the notecards - the hardest thing was trying to make the columns in the notecards reasonably straight.  For 9 mesh bodies and 4 different sorted lists = 36 notecards plus collecting 160 textures and making 160 LMs.  So I was about to give away this store catalog hud to all those in my various groups until a few people that were testing it for me said there were problems.

The problem I'm experiencing is that not all the LMs open as they should.  For instance a LM in one notecard might not open but it might work in another - once it worked in another, then it would work in the first one which failed originally.  Trying the hud at a different time, different LMs refuse to open.

I searched the forums and found some posts from 2014/15 that mentioned this as being an SL glitch but no posts more recent on this subject so you would think this issue might have been solved.  I got a clue from one of those posts that said that if a LM was already in your inventory then it should open ok from within a notecard which probably explains why a) I as creator had no trouble testing my hud as all the LMs came from my inventory in the first place and b) if a user did manage to open a LM in a second notecard after it didn't work in the first one they tried, why it then opens ok when they go back to the first notecard - since clicking a LM in a notecard puts it into your inventory.  The forum posts also indicated that it was not to do with how many LMs one has in a notecard as this can happen even if you have just one LM.

If anyone would like to look at this hud to see this problem first hand, I have made it available to collect inworld at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dragon Mountain/32/207/28

As it currently stands, I cant send my hud out to anyone which is a pity after so much effort went into it.

I would be interested to know if anyone has had this problem and if there is a fix for it or are there something wrong with my LMs to explain why some work and some dont - as far as I'm aware all are full perm and every one works (at least for me).

Thanks

So I've tested this further to see if the LMs were corrupted or not.  I tested one list against another - both seeded with the LMs from my inventory but tested with an alt that didn't have any of these LMs in their inventory.  The success/failures are blocked together rather than randomly spread throughout the notecard.  These two lists are in alphabetical order and the LMs correspond with each other - in first list the 1st 20 LMs failed to open, next 30 were ok, next 20 failed, next 40 were ok.  In second list some of those that successfully opened in first list failed and vice versa - first 30 opened ok, next 90 failed.  Same results in Firestorm and SL viewer.

Any ideas?

Thanks Lucia - I did actually file a bug report yesterday (bug 228888) after posting here first since it didnt seem others had the same experience as me. This was first time I filed a bug report and was surprised to get a very quick response with a request to pass copies of my notecards inworld to a Linden. Will post back here what the solution is.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.