You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

2. Favorite singers?

Well I have you to thank for my favorite new singer!

Was going to reply on another thread using a silly Youtube reference relating to your Sanskrit name of 'Gopi', and I discovered this delightful new singer who sings in Sanskrit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1)

No, I'm not a good singer.  I have been told I have a lovely voice though and would be good for voice-overs such as cartoons, lol.  I've thought about it but not pursued it.  Why such a lovely cartoon voice that cannot sing, I dunno.  

2)

Favorite Male Singer:  Ronald Orzabal from Tears for Fears  For Roland I like his solo work best from Raoul and The Kings of Spain.  Though Roland and Curt are two amazing singers.  Roland singing below.  I think he is the world's greatest singer.  

Favorite Female Singe:  Loreenna McKennitt.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well I have you to thank for my favorite new singer!

Was going to reply on another thread using a silly Youtube reference relating to your Sanskrit name of 'Gopi', and I discovered this delightful new singer who sings in Sanskrit.

I'm glad I could be of help! She's a great singer, too!

PS: Gopi's just a nickname someone gave me because I looked like an Indian kid they knew. The name stuck, I guess. I'm actually of Filipino decent.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

1. Are you a good singer?

2. Favorite singers?

My answers:

1. I don't think I am.

Female: Mandy Moore

Male: Keith Urban

1.   I think I am a good singer, but everyone - even my friend's five year old daughter - always have no problems telling me not to sing. I have been singing a lot recently, hence the heavy rainfall in my home town currently.

2.   Favourite singers are Joe Elliott, not so much for his voice, although he can still reach the high notes, but because he is a damned sexy man.  And Phil Collins, because he is just apparently the nicest man in rock, or so I've heard. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 1

I'm an OK singer, strictly amateur.... I wish I had a more powerful voice.  I sing along a lot when I listen to music alone. And if I'm not listening to music, there is usually a song playing in my head.

Can't name just one:

Men: Damien Rice, Van Morrison, Eddie Veder,

Women: Cee Cee James, Shemekia Copeland, Beth Hart

15 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

2. Favorite singers?

1. Nope. But I sing anyway. I'm a contralto who can never find a key and I can't harmonize, so it is a mess all around. Even worse I have a very good ear, so that it's really annoying to be as bad as I am.

2. I don't know how people choose. My music tastes are so varied, and I get into moods where I'll listen to one thing over and over and then not listen to it again for years.

6 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I'm glad I could be of help! She's a great singer, too!

PS: Gopi's just a nickname someone gave me because I looked like an Indian kid they knew. The name stuck, I guess. I'm actually of Filipino decent.

Such a cute name :)    Gopi's are the milkmaids of Krishna, following him around while he plays his flute btw...

• Thanks 1

1. If my neighbor's threats of calling the cops on me is any indication, I'm going with a no.

2. That's a tough one to narrow down to just one name.

Female: Skin (Skunk Anansie), Azam Ali (Niyaz)

Male: Christian Älvestam, Yannis Papadopoulos (Beast in Black)

• Haha 1

1. Honestly, yes. Started playing and performing as a teenager. Been in bands, fronted the kind of bands you might see at the local on a Friday night, ie just for kicks. Recently with the  whole quarantine thing I discovered a bunch of my neighbors also play a  little so I started hosting some social distancing jams in the yard. It's a big yard. It just feels GOOD to sing. 

2. I love to play country, bluegrass, folk, traditonal, old time, etc. My favorite singer though, If I had to pick one, is probably Otis Redding.

Am i a good singer? most probably not, i think i'd scare people away. If i'm alone in the car i do like to belt out whatever's playing on the CD or radio,

Favourite Singers
Male: Gary Lightbody (Snow Patrol) & Ray LaMontagne
Female: don't have a favourite though quite like Lissie and Christine & the Queens

On 6/6/2020 at 10:13 AM, Gopi Passiflora said:

2. Favorite singers?

1.- I haven’t been dragged into the street and shot for it yet. Then again, they’d have to do it all the way from the shower.

2.- Sissel Kyrkjebø.

• Like 1

1. No. I am terrible.

2. Female: Anneke van Giersbergen. Male: Devin Townsend. Especially when they sing together :)

Devin is amazing as an artist and as a person. I love this quarantine concert.

Edited by Saskia Rieko

1. Yes. My mother was a professional studio singer for a few years.

2. Female: Eithne Pádraigín Ní Bhraonáin, any native exponent of traditional kulning which is sung from the heart & heavens, (Jonna Jinton is ok), 
                   Astrid Melissa Edwarda Horn Weitzberg , whose "breathy" vocals are so much like the one and only Olivia Newton John, 
                   My mum <3, (I still know the words to almost every nursery rhyme/song there is lol), Stine Grove, Sandy Denny......... etc etc etc etc.

Male: Robert Plant, Gerry Humphries and a couple of others.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.