Is SL down?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I can't log in eithe, so it's propably not just you. Gonna check status.

There's nothing about it on the status blog.

But I did check the beta grid and I can log on there. So it's obviously not a problem on my side.

26 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Every since LL mentioned the region shortage due to them working on their 'migrate to the cloud' project, every time there is a hiccup in SL these days someone makes a post saying it must be related to the cloud.

Which family?

6-cloud-formation.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

They tend to let us know when teh service would be impacted and I'm not seeing anything.

Last night, I rezzed a gacha box to unpack it. I couldn't. So I tried to take it back in my inv again. When I did, a COPY of it appeared in my inv, leaving the original rezzed out. When I rezzed that copy, both boxes had the No Copy gachas in them. Of course, then, I rezzed out a few more gachas too and took them 'back' and rezzed them again. Rezzing and taking back took a lot longer than usual (at least ten seconds each), but I managed to copy a bunch of them this way for about 10 minutes, until the fun suddenly was over. All items behaved normal again. A friend of mine managed to duplicate a few rare ones too, while it lasted.

d168ec9f8039c9796628d8469ce10d0c.png.bd7fc7f95ebc040546135ce02a1a85d7.png

I love slow lorises!

I can kind of imagine why LL would not let us know when the service would be impacted, and I was definitely seeing something.

5204900.jpg.5f1f81ea74658add618db08ab6b217a7.jpg

Anyway, whenever stuff tends to rez slowly in the near future, I'll be rezzing some ultra rare thingies. You never know.

5 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Last night, I rezzed a gacha box to unpack it. I couldn't.

<snip extra verbiage>

I can kind of imagine why LL would not let us know when the service would be impacted, and I was definitely seeing something.

What time last night (night being relative to folks due to different timezones):

image.png.d9411b2f4e8e48c843c1cfd4e9282731.png

1 minute ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

About an hour to half an hour before that message appeared. Whenever 'please refrain from rezzing in-world at this time' appears, you know it's already too late. -_- 

Well yes, but they can't post a notice about something until they find out about a problem, which normally means some people are going to experience the issue and they then need to do a short bit of checking to determine if it is an overall issue or just local to a couple of folks.

It would be really nice if LL could somehow know about issues ahead of time.  Of course, then they could just go fix the problem before it actually impacted anyone. 

34 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It would be really nice if LL could somehow know about issues ahead of time.  Of course, then they could just go fix the problem before it actually impacted anyone. 

Hence, probably, the meaning of "Unscheduled Maintenance," which is often hard to schedule. 🤓

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Hence, probably, the meaning of "Unscheduled Maintenance," which is often hard to schedule. 🤓

Yes, but if they could see into the future, they would be all-knowing and there would be no need for 'unscheduled' anything.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.