Problem opening Mesh Viewer...

LuckyCreations1488303085

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

please post a jira with a log of the viewer that crashes, or email the log to me. There are a couple crash on startup bugs we've been hunting and I'd like to confirm that we're working on it already. Thanks!

-Nyx

For those who are not programmers or mind readers, the crash log is found at

[your user directory]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\logs\SecondLifeCrashReport.log

on Windows machines.  It is normally a hidden folder, so you may have to unhide the hidden folders first to find it.

I assume, because I could not find it posted anywhere, that the email is nyx (at) lindenlab (dot) com.  I sent you a crash log on the latest version (build 230378).  Build 228967 is the last one I have that works.

Viewer Development 2.7.0 build 230331 appears to have fixed the problems.  It works on both the Main grid and Aditi mesh enabled regions, where it shows meshes and allows uploads.  You can download from:

http://automated-builds-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com/hg/repo/snowstorm_viewer-development/rev/230331/index.html

Latest "Viewer Development build can be gotten from:

http://automated-builds-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com/hg/repo/snowstorm_viewer-development/latest.html

(There is no guarantee that any particular latest build will work, sometimes they have bugs. That's what those daily builds are for - testing and finding bugs)

• 2 months later...

I seem to hae this same problem. I tried severasl versions of the mesh viewer and always same result. The program never opens, i watch task manager and it pops up for a moment and dies. I am running windows 7 64 bit. I cannot find the log file and I dont know how to open a jira. can anyone help me? thanks!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.