Shops

Hailey Maesar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hailey Maesar wrote:

Hello everyone, im interested in renting some shops in high traffic areas for selling shoes.

im wondering if any of ya'll know some good places for shoe sales. if ya have any advice, plz let me know
:)

Yes, find where your competition is, and set up shop right beside them, if possible.

High traffic does not always mean sales and in fact, some of the highest traffic regions I have been on showed the worst conversions.

Consider first where that traffic is coming from and why. If that traffic is due to campers and freebie shops, you wont see much in sales however, if the traffic is there for activities that take some time, you will do much better. RP sims and Sex Sims usually convert well as do high traffic malls.  Clubs can be hit and miss as most of the top clubs these days with the large volume of traffic exist for the sims owners own stores or land sales.

I recommend you find a few spots that you like and that offer you a good value for your space and monitor them closely to see where the sales are.

In my case, I drive my own traffic using classified and search where I am not dependent on someone else for my traffic. In the end you will get more consistent traffic over time.

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

High traffic does not always mean sales and in fact, some of the highest traffic regions I have been on showed the worst conversions.

Consider first where that traffic is coming from and why. If that traffic is due to campers and freebie shops, you wont see much in sales however, if the traffic is there for activities that take some time, you will do much better. RP sims and Sex Sims usually convert well as do high traffic malls.  Clubs can be hit and miss as most of the top clubs these days with the large volume of traffic exist for the sims owners own stores or land sales.

I couldn't agree more with this. I always look at traffic, and avoid high figures that come from nowhere meaningful. I avoid generic malls based around a club, as I am yet to see general club traffic convert to shopping traffic. I haven't tried the sex sim thing for one of my stores, but that's because the demographic doesn't suit my image (if I made erotic latex, yes I'd be in like Flynn, but despite vintage accessories being very alluring, they just don't cut the mustard in a general sex sim).

RP sims are the best for satellite stores, I've found. If you cater for a specific time-period or -punk, find where your customers go to play and set up shop. Make it part of your lifestyle, enjoy yourself and the people you may meet. I find that they will give honest feedback, and inspire you. It's fun, and a good business choice.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.