help! beginner texture question

blucadet3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am trying to create a lower half tattoo and am having problems with local textures (not uploads, just testing). If I am in edit mode my sl textures blur out. I cant see the texture I am trying to map and play around with. How do I fix this or what other options do I have to create BOM system layer tattoos for both upper and lower parts of my mesh body. Thanks!

using firestorm latest version and most updated maitreya lara body.

https://gyazo.com/ea064431beec8b5a7ebd4e8e167bd7c0

Unfortunately that's a known bug currently with BoM. If you're in Edit mode then textures will sometimes blur like that. It doesn't happen with all bodies or with all textures, but it's a very common problem. You could try requesting access to the beta grid so that you can use the free upload facility there to test your textures. (I think you need to open a support ticket for access these days; not sure on that.) Even then, whether you'll actually have the current Maitreya body in your inventory over there is hit and miss, as that depends on when the last 'snapshot' was taken on the beta grid by LL.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Unfortunately that's a known bug currently with BoM. If you're in Edit mode then textures will sometimes blur like that. It doesn't happen with all bodies or with all textures, but it's a very common problem. You could try requesting access to the beta grid so that you can use the free upload facility there to test your textures. (I think you need to open a support ticket for access these days; not sure on that.) Even then, whether you'll actually have the current Maitreya body in your inventory over there is hit and miss, as that depends on when the last 'snapshot' was taken on the beta grid by LL.

I tried beta, it didn't bring over anything new to test with BOM. I am probably going to have to resort to using the system body to map out exactly where everything will go and just hope it all works when I pay to upload. Is there any easier way to texture mesh bodies for tattoos or is this the tried and true? TY for your reply I was hoping it was an easy fix somewhere in preferences.  :(

On 6/1/2020 at 11:21 PM, blucadet3 said:

I tried beta, it didn't bring over anything new to test with BOM. I am probably going to have to resort to using the system body to map out exactly where everything will go and just hope it all works when I pay to upload. Is there any easier way to texture mesh bodies for tattoos or is this the tried and true? TY for your reply I was hoping it was an easy fix somewhere in preferences.  :(

The state of your beta grid inventory depends on when you last accessed the beta grid. Log in there and then about 24 hours later the beta grid inventory will be a copy of the AGNI grid inventory. The exact time of update seems to vary. As best I can tell the update process starts early morning SL Time. When it finishes varies apparently based on how much stuff has to be updated. How late in the day you can login and out and trigger the next sync is unclear. So, you may not see an update for 48 hours.

I live in the PT/SL time zone. My typical login today gets me an update by the time I login the next day.

Stuff you create on the beta grid dos NOT update to AGNI, the main grid.

Your beta grid inventory keeps all the stuff you deleted from your main inventory. If you have a red dress in inventory and login to the beta grid, it will get copied to the beta grid. If you now delete the dress from your main inventory, it will not get deleted on the beta grid. So, your beta grid inventory can easily get out of control. For that reason I keep all my Beta grid uploads  in special ADITI folders. Then I can delete huge chunks of my beta inventory.

46 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Your beta grid inventory keeps all the stuff you deleted from your main inventory. If you have a red dress in inventory and login to the beta grid, it will get copied to the beta grid. If you now delete the dress from your main inventory, it will not get deleted on the beta grid. So, your beta grid inventory can easily get out of control. For that reason I keep all my Beta grid uploads  in special ADITI folders. Then I can delete huge chunks of my beta inventory.

In addition to this, renaming of things (folders, items) in your Main grid inventory can subsequently produce a mess in your Beta grid inventory.  Like Nalates, I keep all uploads of Beta stuff in a totally separate top-level folder.  Additionally, if any given folder of other stuff appears to be a mess and difficult to find things, because of renames & deletes on the Main grid, I simply delete the folder (sometimes one higher) and the next day the inventory refresh will fix the mess. 

• Thanks 1

When making textures that I want to use with BoM, I've resorted to actually using an applier and applying to the Maitreya body because it's a bother having to go to the beta grid. There is a script that will give you the UUID of the local texture which you can use with the applier script. Once that is applied to the body it will respond just like it would normally. After I'm satisfied with the texture, I then import it and use it to make my BoM layers.

Here is a link to the wiki with the info on that script to get the UUID

wiki

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.