Sign in to follow this  
nyahrou

♥ RP with different avatar types?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 69 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Probably a dumb question, but I was wondering if it was generally acceptable to roleplay with other avatar types. For example, my favourite avatars are super anime, but all of the best RP places have normal/realistic appearances. At a few I saw "no anime allowed" and I wasn't sure if it was just because those particular sims had adult themes (which I'm not interested in right now) or any just weren't welcomed.

Usually I can come up with pretty good excuses to make things work in RP, and for the case of playing an anime-looking character in a group of realistic looking ones, I was just going to make my character a sort of android because I can get away with it or something. 

I really wanna roleplay ;__; I just don't want to make a normie avatar. I have one but I just don't have as much fun with it.

Example of what I mean;

49628318403_f71acb4a16_c.jpg.b55e8eeeae6a66d5857e623a51078b53.jpg

• Like 1

It depends on the individual role play sites whether they would be open to avatar types than the normal human looking avatar.  Often it will depend on the role play genre - a RP set in the American Wild West (1800's) or a historical RP set in 1700's Italy for example, is not likely to allow an anime looking android.   You will want to look for RP genres where an android would fit in with the storyline and world.   

Most RP regions will have a landing area where they also provide information about the role play including what roles and avatar types they include.  So be sure to look for that info when you arrive (it may be a box that you click to get notecards, or an info board or poster - it varies from place to place).  The information provided will also usually have the name of someone to contact if you have questions.  Thinking about how you might fit in, and then politely inquiring about it is always worth a try. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 69 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.