Are You Showing Support for Black Lives Matter in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/18/2020 at 5:08 AM, Velk Kerang said:

Now I get lately a big part of it is that folks got all fired up with what happened to George Floyd. I admit even I did. What got me fire up though wasn't just what the cops did. It was the mass amount of people who stood by and did absolutely nothing to save this man. I am not even counting everyone in that either. I am counting the so called GROWN MEN out there who did nothing. The ones who talk the talk, but when the time came to WALK THE WALK they stood by like little *******. They did NOTHING and what? Now they want to cry about it? Get the **** out of here. To late now. Those who did nothing are just as guilty in my book as those who committed the crime. Maybe I am hard and harsh because of my beliefs and my generation or even the fact that I have had training, but I know with out a shadow of a doubt what I would have done because I can't in good conscious let someone murder someone in front of me like that. I don't care who they are. I sure would not want to on the day of my judgement go before God The Father and have to explain why I stood idly by like a coward and did absolutely nothing let alone stand there and video it? I saw the video. That man called for help and no one did nothing. So as far as I am concerned they don't have the right to say a freaking thing or speak on the man's behalf who they let die. I will never understand how anyone could have ever done that.

No one challenged you on this yesterday. You're against riots and looting, but you're advocating people attacking 4 armed police officers? 

Which would've probably caused a riot anyway if they did....

29 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Well of course you’d have support on the opposite side, I mean...the Christchurch shooter had neo-Nazi supporters too from 8Chan. 🙃

I just caught this. That was an incredibly ignorant statement considering I am a person of color and so are my supporters. lol Just thought you should know. lol 😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Janet Voxel said:

No one challenged you on this yesterday. You're against riots and looting, but you're advocating people attacking 4 armed police officers? 

Which would've probably caused a riot anyway if they did....

Let me correct you. You mean prevent 4 armed police officers from committing a murder? You bet your ass I am advocating it. Let me guess your the type of POS coward who'd stand there and video it. You seem the type. 🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Let me correct you. You mean prevent 4 armed police officers from committing a murder? You bet your ass I am advocating it. Let me guess your the type of POS coward who'd stand there and video it. You seem the type. 🤨

What do you think the other three cops were doing when 1 officer had his knee on George Floyd’s neck?

Just now, Velk Kerang said:

If they were doing their jobs there would have been no need for crowd control in the first place.🙄

No, no...what that means is they were stopping anyone from trying to help.

You were in law enforcement, you know what they were doing.

Just now, Janet Voxel said:

So if they were stopping people from helping, that kind of means....that people were trying to help doesn’t it?

If by helping you mean standing around yelling over at them then sure if you want to class it as that. Now let me ask you a question. If a man breaks in to your home and tries to murder you. Am I helping you out if I stand across the street and yell at him while I video him strangling you to death or am I helping you by taking action and breaking his hands clean off? Which would you prefer? 😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Velk Kerang said:

If by helping you mean standing around yelling over at them then sure if you want to class it as that. Now let me ask you a question. If a man breaks in to your home and tries to murder you. Am I helping you out if I stand across the street and yell at him while I video him strangling you to death or am I helping you by taking action and breaking his hands clean off? Which would you prefer? 😎

Your argument is fallacious. The first thing I’d hope you did was call the police. Now what do you do when it’s the police trying to kill me?

My point was people did try to help. So in other words, someone is trying to kill me, you’re trying to help and two other armed police stop you from helping. That’s the scenario you’re describing bystanders as “cowards”.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Your argument is fallacious. The first thing I’d hope you did was call the police. Now what do you do when it’s the police trying to kill me?

My point was people did try to help. So in other words, someone is trying to kill me, you’re trying to help and two other armed police stop you from helping. That’s the scenario you’re describing bystanders as “cowards”.

Janet, you're wasting your time with that one. If he is a POC as he claims and happens to be FN, he would be what we refer to as an apple Indian, red on the outside, white on the inside. It's not a compliment. If he is black, I'd say he was an oreo.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

No it's not and you didn't answer the question. You avoided and deflected it. Police officer or not doesn't matter. Anyone can be armed. Any group of people can be armed. Calling the police would be a given in the situation. However right in that very moment a man has his hands around your neck strangling you to death. Do you prefer the kind of help that is yelling across the street and videoing it so the cops can have the evidence for a conviction by the time they make it to your very dead body or do you prefer the kind of help that actually takes action to save your behind?🙄

• Like 1

Just now, Velk Kerang said:

No it's not and you didn't answer the question. You avoided and deflected it. Police officer or not doesn't matter. Anyone can be armed. Any group of people can be armed. Calling the police would be a given in the situation. However right in that very moment a man has his hands around your neck strangling you to death. Do you prefer the kind of help that is yelling across the street and videoing it so the cops can have the evidence for a conviction by the time they make it to your very dead body or do you prefer the kind of help that actually takes action to save your behind?🙄

Police officer does matter 1) because they're armed. 2) If you attack them....MORE police will show up!

Why would I answer that question? It's not the same thing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Janet, you're wasting your time with that one. If he is a POC as he claims and happens to be FN, he would be what we refer to as an apple Indian, red on the outside, white on the inside. It's not a compliment. If he is black, I'd say he was an oreo.

Good job on sounding like a bigot. We now know your true colors.😎

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I know...but its kinda fun poking holes in all his arguments. Only one person did it yesterday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Janet Voxel said:

Police officer does matter 1) because they're armed. 2) If you attack them....MORE police will show up!

Why would I answer that question? It's not the same thing. 

Well by your logic genius hopefully you don't live in a bad neighborhood and ever get raped by a gang member because by your brilliant logic no one should help you because more will show up. Good information to have. lol I am so totally done with this conversation. lol I've indulged you far longer then I should have. lol 😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Velk Kerang said:

Well by your logic genius hopefully you don't live in a bad neighborhood and ever get raped by a gang member because by your brilliant logic no one should help you because more will show up. Good information to have. lol I am so totally done with this conversation. lol I've indulged you far longer then I should have. lol 😎

Police = criminal gang. I think we're making progress here!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I know...but its kinda fun poking holes in all his arguments. Only one person did it yesterday.

There are so many holes in his arguments they're nothing but one huge hole now. What he doesn't know is I was adopted by a white family and grew up the only POC in the neighborhood and the only FN in school. Yet, I was still treated like crap even though I could pass for white. I was different and that was the only excuse they needed.

I'm what is known as a Lost Bird.

https://ajfaultlines.atavist.com/lostbirds

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

There are so many holes in his arguments they're nothing but one huge hole now. What he doesn't know is I was adopted by a white family and grew up the only POC in the neighborhood and the only FN in school. Yet, I was still treated like crap even though I could pass for white. I was different and that was the only excuse they needed.

There were ZERO holes poked in my point of view. No one offered up an even remotely intelligent perspective on anything I had to say. So I wouldn't call it an argument because it was more like I indulged a lot of stupidity to pass the time. The time is now past. Thank you all for playing.😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

The French Gypsies or all the gypsies, the Nazi's wanted to kill as well.  Many gypsies were murdered in the concentration camps in WWII.  Fortunately, Canada hid us for awhile.  

Many Polish people were gypsies too. 

There are people in the United States who don't believe the Holocaust ever happened.  I think FairreLilette saying there are French living in Canada proves it did happen.  I don't believe people would leave their homeland en masse if there were not a reason too.  

The neo-Nazis hate many white people too.  

There has only been one Catholic president, Kennedy, who was assassinated.   

Poles, Italians, Irish are not popular whites with the WASP culture either for what reasons I don't know; the (the WASP culture) are an elitist, snobby bunch of very wealthy and influential whites, however; and, as Fairre, was saying have quite the pedigree in their minds.

I cannot for the life of me get inside the head of a "nazi" type.  What were they thinking?   I would assume the KKK still exists today, though much is underground.

The political oppression against blacks in the United States baffles me considering there is a constitution and Bill of Rights.  The corruption in all of this matter is astounding.  It had to involve more than just skin color.  If I believe it may come from an alliance with the United States and England, and others don't, then enlighten me as to what it is based from.  Is it fear?  Fear of what?  Change?  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.