Are You Showing Support for Black Lives Matter in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I didn't think that this white supremacist infrastructure happened only recently, but I suspected if you did, you might be very young.  As there is a picture showing Trump as a Fascist, etc and it was written in 2017.  But again, I thought you might be very young if you thought that.

But, white supremacist infrastructure did start a long, long time ago.

Redlining should and has improved in many states and it was pretty much abolished during the civil rights movement in the 1960's and thus there are many multi-ethnic communities that exist today because of those civil rights movements in the 1960's.  

With the creation of Fannie May and Freddie Mac as well, more and more minorities were able to get affordable home loans more than they had before which came later, perhaps in the 1980's?

As the rest of the things you bring up in your post, America is a diverse country.  There are a wide array of lifestyles to live here in America so I don't know where you live...but do you live in a predominantly Black neighborhood where there are a lot of abortion clinics or are you "just sayin"?  

Yes, there is white influenced monetary corruption in the justice and legal systems in America as well as corporate America but Blacks make up all classes now in America, that's why it's so difficult to stereotype what a Black person is today as Blacks hold many many different kinds of jobs including those in power.   

With all the things you've stated, the things you are mentioning in your post are not as prevalent in multi-ethnic communities when you compare them to what is known as "the deep south" and/or "the Bible belt" in white conservative America.  

As far as racial profiling in stores, I don't know what to say.  Sounds sucky to say the least.  

As far as white supremacy breaking the black family structure, that sucks.  What happened there?  If you want to share it.  

Red lining does still exist. They’re just more sneaky about it by using legal loopholes and the credit system. Yeah. So. Bruh. 

It’s still a white supremacist society. 

Oh, I am young. And many of us young black people have very much educated ourselves. We aren’t our ancestors and we won’t stand around and not call people out either. 

Oh, and to help end the “well black people have xyz”, I’ll burst your little ignorant bubble to tell you that shiz don’t matter, bruh. Because, at the end of the day we still a you know what to a white supremacist society and they don’t give a damn about how much education we have or money. 

If you are so blind by the fact you think everything is so damn peachy, then there’s no fixing you. You’re racist and you refuse to really acknowledge that. So, me constantly replying to you is a waste of my time when I’m basically talking to a brick wall.

Edited by Ashlyn Voir
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

we know that these protests just like climate change protests wont change a thing.

Protests altered the course of the Viet Nam war. Never underestimate the power of people coming together and expressing their desire for change. Protests cause those in power to take notice, and it increases energy/motivation in those seeking justice -- it's inspirational. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

called incorrectly racist just because I am white

We all have an unconscious mind, affected by socialization, and it influences how we treat others. We all have grown up in a racist, white-supremacist society that claims Whites are better than Blacks, and so we all need to do the work to rid ourselves of the various prejudiced/racist attitudes we harbor. For you to claim you have not been affected by this dynamic is to claim you're some sort of Saint, or else it demonstrates you're an unaware clod.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

Australia and other countries are pro-active in their response to these issues. Does this mean some issues don't slip through the cracks or mean that there aren't racist people in Australia. NO. But it does mean we are doing far more to help the situation than America and is why, we know that these protests just like climate change protests wont change a thing. What does change things are people, organisations or governments that actively investigate those issues to change for the better.

I appreciate hearing your point of view about Australia and have found it very interesting to read about things I never knew.   But, remember America is a very big country with Federal Rule and State Rule.  Each state has it's own constitution and Supreme Court as well as every county and some cities having their own city council, Mayor, and then we all have a different state Governor as well as our Senators.  It's a complicated system here...very complicated, and then we have our country's United States Constitution and the United States Supreme Court.   The right to bare arms has lead to so many problems and this is one that really trips us up, although some people here in America like their ability to have a gun...some of us call them rednecks (lol - though some are nice rednecks) or The Michigan Militia which is very real as far as The Michigan Militia.  Many of us wish we could outlaw guns though, but we can't because of The United States Constitution.

I feel from your post you are doing a good job understanding and standing up against racism in your country and I don't know why posters are ragging on you but it happens all the time here. 

As far as your last statement, yes...the people here in America have the power to make this change.  Some is happening now.  Things are changing.  Some of the brutal methods are being discussed and are now banned in some areas, but remember there are a lot of states not just one so there is a lot of variation in America compared to other countries.   We have a lot of work to do as each state has it's own system.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

Jane Elliot is one of my Sheroes. She devised a groundbreaking test years ago, exposing prejudice through assigning positive/negative characteristics to people according to eye color and watching how they began to treat each other.

"One Race.

Jane Elliott, internationally known teacher, lecturer, diversity trainer, and recipient of the National Mental Health Association Award for Excellence in Education, exposes prejudice and bigotry for what it is, an irrational class system based upon purely arbitrary factors. And if you think this does not apply to you. . . you are in for a rude awakening."

https://janeelliott.com/

Also, Elliot has a few suggestions for combating racism. In a video on Youtube she remarks a bit more about her exercise (it's the one where she gives a talk at a University in Houston, with Angela Davis...at the one minute mark) 

Commitment To Combat Racism

Indicate whether you have taken action on the items listed below. Check appropriate column.

1. Yes___ No___ :  Have I aggressively sought out more information in an effort to enhance my own awareness and understanding of racism (talking with others, reading, listening)?
  2. Yes___ No___ :  Have I spent some time recently looking at my own racist attitudes and behaviors as they contribute to or combat racism around and within me?
  3. Yes___ No___ :  Have I reevaluated my use of terms, phrases, or behaviors that may be perceived by others as degrading or hurtful?
  4. Yes___ No___ :  Have I openly confronted a racist comment, joke, or action among those around me? 

5. Yes___ No___ :  Have I made personal contact with myself to take a positive stand against racism, even at some possible risk, when the chance occurs?
  6. Yes___ No___ :  Have I become increasingly aware of racist TV programs, advertising, news broadcasts, holiday observations, slogans, etc.?
  7. Yes___ No___ :  Have I complained to those in charge of promoting racist TV programs, advertising, news broadcasts, holiday observations, slogans, etc.?
  8. Yes___ No___ :  Have I suggested and taken steps to implement discussions or workshops aimed as understanding and eliminating racism, sexism, and ageism with friends, colleagues, social clubs, or church groups?
  9. Yes___ No___ :  Have I been investigating and evaluating political candidates at all levels in terms of their stance and activity against racism, sexism, and ageism.
  10. Yes___ No___ :  Have I investigated curricular of local schools in terms of their treatment of the issues of racism, sexism, and ageism (also, textbooks, assemblies, faculty, staff, administration, and athletic programs and directors)?
  11. Yes___ No___ :  Have I contributed time and/or funds to an agency, fund, or program that actively confronts the problems of racism, sexism, or ageism?
  12. Yes___ No___ :  Have my buying habits supported non-racist, non-sexist, and non-ageist shops, companies, or personnel?
  13. Yes___ No___ :  Is my school or place of employment a target for my educational efforts in responding to racism, sexism, and ageism?
  14. Yes___ No___ :  Have I become seriously dissatisfied with my own level of activity in combating racism, sexism, and ageism?
  15. Yes___ No___ :  Have I realized that White Americans are trapped by their own schools, homes, media, government, families, etc., even when they choose not to be openly racist or sexist?
  16. Yes___ No___ :  Have I ended my affiliation with organizations which are racist, sexist, or ageist in their membership requirements?
  17. Yes___ No___ :  Have I subscribed to a publication which will educate me in the area of a culture other than my own? Have I left copies of that publication in sight where my friends and associates might see it and question my interest in it?
  18. Yes___ No___ :  Have I made an effort to learn some of the language of those in my community who may speak something other than standard English?
Edited by Luna Bliss

4 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Protests altered the course of the Viet Nam war. Never underestimate the power of people coming together and expressing their desire for change.

Debatable and actually often suggested that they negatively impacted it by drawing it out longer.

https://www.fpri.org/article/2000/06/mythed-opportunities-the-truth-about-vietnam-anti-war-protests/

4 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

We all have grown up in a racist, white-supremacist society that claims Whites are better than Blacks, and so we all need to do the work to rid ourselves of the various prejudiced/racist attitudes we harbor. For you to claim you have not been affected by this dynamic is to claim you're some sort of Saint, or else it demonstrates you're an unaware clod.

See this is why you shouldn't automatically assume everyone is the same and blatantly paint them all under the same banner. I am certainly aware of such people in society that believe such things as well as the varied history of racial issues. I can however, with that understanding and knowledge still continue to be brought up and live without harbouring any such prejudiced/racist attitudes that need to be purged as you claim. I have never been taught that whites are better than blacks nor have I ever thought it. I have also never heard it claimed, at least where I grew up that whites were better than blacks. Maybe I'm unique, I don't know, certainly no saint however.

Perhaps it was due to the fact that my grandparents helped native tribes in Africa during the apartheid era against the status quo of the white majority or because my mother grew up in Africa amongst the native tribes and they all saw first hand the racial discrimination and segregation of apartheid in the 1940's and 50's and how horrible it was, and has always taught her children and grandchildren not to be racist or not to look at race but the person as an individual and a human being just like we all are. As she says "all of one blood".

//Or, perhaps it's because she instilled those principles into her children based on feeling and witnessing first hand racist treatment from the African natives towards them as white people where they saw their friends or associates who were on the native side against apartheid shot, speared, killed and her very friends EATEN by those same natives to make a point to other white people that WERE racist towards the natives of Africa. Of which you are very close to doing the same by parading compassionate and supportive white people in front of racist white people painting them all the same collectively in an effort to justify your position just like those natives did in Africa. But I have to wonder based on all of your comments if you even would think this is possible due to your outright discriminative flouting that all white people have white privilege and insistence that no person could be brought up in the world not racist or a white person could suffer the same form of racism.

Just maybe I was taught principles of acceptance from an early age from my grandparents who actively sought in northern Queensland Australia to mend rifts between white and indigenous communities, accepting those indigenous communities into their household and society functions/meetings etc and conversely accepted as family by the Elders of those same indigenous communities.//

Claiming that I or others, as others have done, as being racist by birth just because I am white without knowing anything about the person, their upbringing, beliefs, attitudes, thoughts etc is discrimination in its purist form.

4 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I appreciate hearing your point of view about Australia and have found it very interesting to read about things I never knew.   But, remember America is a very big country with Federal Rule and State Rule.  Each state has it's own constitution and Supreme Court as well as every county and some cities having their own city council, Mayor, and then we all have a different state Governor as well as our Senators.  It's a complicated system here...very complicated, and then we have our country's United States Constitution and the United States Supreme Court.   The right to bare arms has lead to so many problems and this is one that really trips us up, although some people here in America like their ability to have a gun...some of us call them rednecks (lol - though some are nice rednecks) or The Michigan Militia which is very real as far as The Michigan Militia.  Many of us wish we could outlaw guns though, but we can't because of The United States Constitution.

The same structure exists in Australia if not even more complicated. We have a Governor General (your president), a prime minister, speaker of the house and federal rule. We have Governors in each states, as well as a premier in each states and state rule. We have councils each with their own district, all with their own Mayor and councillors. We have an upper and lower house in each state and federally that has senator's as well as politicians. We have a constitution for the states as well as Australia as a whole. We also have High courts (your supreme) as well as federal and state courts.

In a nutshell Australia's system of government is based as a combination of the English and USA system.

Australia modified their gun laws as I am sure you are aware in the 1990's. In Australia it was slightly different as the federal government didn't have gun laws in the constitution as each state still held the rights to their own gun laws. Contrary to popular belief shown overseas when talking about our gun laws, the federal government doesn't enforce any such laws other than the import of guns from overseas through customs. All states and territories still operate their own gun laws however all signed together an agreement by which to regulate them nationally. So despite your NRA over there saying that guns are outlawed in Australia they are not they are simply regulated. This is why I and others cant understand (outside of America) why gun laws in the USA cant be changed so that the guns are regulated. But that's a different topic.

I feel from your post you are doing a good job understanding and standing up against racism and I don't know why posters are ragging on you but it happens all the time here. 

Who knows.

As far as your last statement, yes...the people here in America have the power to make this change.  Some is happening now.  Things are changing.  Some of the brutal methods are being discussed and are now banned in some areas, but remember there are a lot of states not just one so there is a lot of variation in America compared to other countries.   We have a lot of work to do as each state has it's own system.  

Which is good to see, though I suspect perhaps things wont work out for the better. I hope I'm wrong, however history in the USA says otherwise.

I am not sure whether it happens in the USA but over here we have an annual meeting (formally known as the COAG or Council of Australian Governments) whereby each state premier attends a meeting with the federal ministers to solve issues nationally and state wise. I think this is a lot of the reason why Australia can easily move forward with things like racial issues (such as the introduction of our anti discrimination and racial laws) or gun laws and agree to them quickly, because their is transparency between every form of government and also cross relationships. I just cant imagine the USA, from what I have seen, having a system where all 50 governors attend a meeting and uniformly agree to things with the federal government or president.

Edited by Drayke Newall
edited part in italics and between //
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

The same structure exists in Australia if not even more complicated. We have a Governor General (your president), a prime minister, speaker of the house and federal rule. We have Governors in each states, as well as a premier in each states and state rule. We have councils each with their own district, all with their own Mayor and councillors. We have an upper and lower house in each state and federally that has senator's as well as politicians. We have a constitution for the states as well as Australia as a whole. We also have High courts (your supreme) as well as federal and state courts.

I didn't know all that.  That's very interesting.  I thought you had generalized one for the whole country.  

12 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

This is why I and others cant understand (outside of America) why gun laws in the USA cant be changed so that the guns are regulated. But that's a different topic.

We have it in our United States Constitution.  I wish it could be changed but I kind of doubt it ever will.  As far as can things change in America, as you also said in your post that you don't think they ever will, but they are changing right now state by state.  It's only been a few weeks.  Give it time.  It's gonna take awhile.  We are fighting fascism here, laws the police gave to themselves as well as supremacist corruption, such as white influenced among other corruptions with certain mafias, drug lords, all kinds of crap.   Corruption has been on this planet since the dawn of time I'm quite sure.  Looking at history at how people have treated one another, it's pretty ugly all around and I'm not really sure why other than greed at the heart of all of it.  

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Oh, I am young.

No, really?  😲

9 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

I’ll burst your little ignorant bubble to tell you that shiz don’t matter, bruh.

How could we have ever thought otherwise?  😂  Tell me, have you passed the stage of arguing with your parents about what color/model of car you want for your 16th birthday yet?

10 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

If anyone here has a reason to hate @Ashlyn Voir, it’s me. Y’all don’t even know the half of it.

Meh, nobody "hates" her Beth ffs!  We may think she's a petulant kid from a middle class background and with a misguided sense of outrage against the white race. We may think she's arrogant, ignorant and blind to anything outside her own little bubble....but "hate"? nah!
That word is overused these days, much the same as "hero". People "don't like" a lot though. - I "don't like her", she "doesn't like" me, I don't like cauliflower etc etc. "Don't like" is far removed from "hate", it's just a "personal/subjective" opinion on someone or something! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

we won’t stand around and not call people out either. 

Oh, and to help end the “well black people have xyz”, I’ll burst your little ignorant bubble to tell you that shiz don’t matter, bruh. Because, at the end of the day we still a you know what to a white supremacist society and they don’t give a damn about how much education we have or money. 

I was trying to suggest to you how things have changed since the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960's and yes it has changed for many minorities.  But, you don't want to see that nor even acknowledge that their are Blacks in all positions of power in America other than President currently.  The Women's Rights Movement started in the 1960's also and it's better but it's not all peachy either.  

11 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

If you are so blind by the fact you think everything is so damn peachy, then there’s no fixing you. 

However, I never said it was so damn peachy.  But you want to live in your victimized world and judge others by the color of the skin they were born with - that's a racist.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

The National Guard would seem to be the USAs militia and they aren't always well regulated. That Neil Young song Ohio documents one example. 

Yes, the National Guard is part of it.  It could be said it's the main part but it's not the only part.  

So, what i am hearing from some in this forum is: White people are racist simply because we were born white. 

There is a difference between systemic racism and racism. Anyone can be racist. Systemic racism takes decades to create and is not done by the individual. If you assume every white person is and will be racist towards you simply based on skin color, you will live a miserable life.

We had a black woman living in the 3rd floor apartment for 9 years. She was a cranky mean woman when she moved in. After spending a year talking to her it came out that she was nasty simply because we were white. She spent so long hating white people because they were white and thinking they were all getting things she couldn't that she lost the ability to see people as individuals. Her youngest son moved in and forced her to see that her neighbors could be just that, neighbors. 

We all started sharing dinners, bbqs, they came down and watched movies with us, we all went to the beach. My kids carried her groceries up for her. Her son helps shovel the cars out in the winter. And when she worked nights we made him dinner. Skin color had NOTHING to do with how we treated her. She was our neighbor. 

Sadly we got a racist POS on the 2nd floor who made all our lives hell and got her kicked out by fabricating lies to the police. I even went to court to back her up and the judge didnt give a damn. 6 months later the POS gets kicked out for domestic disputes.. Her and her boyfriend got into a knock down no holds barred brawl one night. I honestly feel bad for her kids, they are young enough to unlearn her BS. 

We need to stop treating each other with suspect and prejudice and start taking people at face value. If wanting peace between us all makes me a racist, i dont see any hope. 

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Do you want to know how most people have afforded a house in America - it's because of the Army.  If you join the Army, once you are out you can buy a home with One Dollar, yes $1 down.  I hope most people know what one dollar is.  With one dollar today you can barely buy an ice cream cone, where I live an ice cream cone is $1.25.    

I'll tell you the story of my oh so privileged white family.

My Mother's parents immigrated from Poland in World War 1.  My Mom was one of 11 children, she was the youngest, the baby of the family.  When my Mom was 1 year old she had brothers who were 18 years old.  They lived in The Great Depression.  They didn't have much at all during The Great Depression.  Then, a tuberculous pandemic occurs in upstate New York where most of my Mom's family died.  My Mom was one of the few to leave the San alive.  It was a place called The San because it was supposed to be sanitized and quarantined.  My Mom had no childhood because of being in the hospital most of her life and had to lie in a bed for her childhood as it was believed if you lied in a bed you could beat tuberculosis.  

One of my Mom's roommates in The San was my Dad's Mother.  She was French.  My French grandmother also died in The San from tuberculosis as did much of my Dad's family.   My father's family also grew up in The Great Depression as one of nine children.  They never had any Christmas presents like you think of today other than perhaps a penny, a pair of socks or an orange.  My parents grew up in extreme poverty.  My father because of an accident when he was 13 years old and was ice fishing in Lake Erie, fell through the ice and broke his leg.  The doctor's at the time took my Dad's femur bone out and replaced it with a metal plate.  At 13 we are still growing, but my Dad's leg with the metal plate could not grow, so he had one leg shorter than the other.  Since my Dad had a bad leg, and with the draft, he could not fight in the Army so was assigned as a Psychologist in the Army to council wounded soldiers, the Army was putting my Dad through school.   Neither of my Grandparents had any money; they were dirt poor.  

My Mom and Dad finally married when my Mom was 20 years old and it was the first time she left The San.  My Father finished getting his Master's Degree in Psychology through the Army and then they married.   Three months into their marriage, my Mother becomes ill again and has to go into The San again.  Finally, after about six months more treatment, they deemed she had beat it.  My Mom rejoined my Dad and they then began their marriage and life together.

My parents wouldn't have had any opportunities if it weren't for the Army.  My Dad's family of nine children didn't have any money.  Since my Dad now had a good education through the Army giving him that education, that's how my parents were able to survive.   My father also had talent as a comedian and wanted to pursue a comedy career here in California.  So my Mom and Dad moved us kids to California when I was a newborn infant, my two older sisters being 2 and 4, and my youngest sister not born yet.  My Father established a good career with an early (for that time) HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) and was a social worker.  He had his Master's Degree in Psychology.  Once he began to pursue his comedy career, he did fairly well.   So, I lived a pretty good life because of my father's income from two jobs - a social worker and a freelance comedian.  

Most people today who have had great opportunities in America, it is through the Army because in the Army you can get an education and you can buy a home for $1 dollar down plus other perks.  

How does that sound like such great white privilege to me when all colors could receive the same benefits through the Army?   And, not only could, did.  People of all colors have furthered their lives because of the Army as the Army pays for many educations and other things.  There aren't many of us born with a silver spoon in hand. 

I think you live in a victimized bubble, Ashlyn that will always drag you down because you are a defeatist.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:
12 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

If you are so blind by the fact you think everything is so damn peachy, then there’s no fixing you. 

However, I never said it was so damn peachy.  But you want to live in your victimized world and judge others by the color of the skin they were born with - that's a racist. 

Fairre, maybe Ashlyn doesn't trust you because all you've ever done in this thread is defend Whites. Here you are again, telling Ashlyn as a Black woman she's just as bad as Whites with her 'racism'. And NOW going on and on about the hardships in your White life.  She is talking about systemic racism, institutional racism, which has benefitted us Whites for centuries, irregardless of whether we donned a KKK robe or whatever you believe it takes to have the word 'racist' applied to you.

Have you, even for one line, expressed how you've personally benefitted from the institutionalized racism plaguing this country?
For example, I mentioned how I've benefitted, or had privilege, on account of being White:
1. I got an inheritance from my mother who had a pretty decent-paying job that was denied to Blacks.
2. My teachers paid more attention to me in school since I'm White, had higher expectations for me, over my Black counterparts. This helped me succeed in life.
3. Had my child been a Black male there's a much greater chance he'd have been shot on the street, so I have been privileged in our society by having a White child.

I'm not saying you, or any White person, should be blamed or feel guilt about being White or what has been done to Blacks in this country. I just want you to acknowledge Whites have had an advantage. If you can't comprehend how you, as a White person, had advantages, then you will never be able to understand what we can do to remedy this situation...because you're not acknowledging this injustice ever existed.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

I was trying to suggest to you how things have changed since the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960's and yes it has changed for many minorities.  But, you don't want to see that nor even acknowledge that their are Blacks in all positions of power in America other than President currently.  The Women's Rights Movement started in the 1960's also and it's better but it's not all peachy either. 

Stop using the fact that POC finally have a few positions of authority compared to the past -- this takes away from the very real systemic prejudice and disadvantages meted out to Blacks NOW.

Power is not dependent on numbers but on position. We use the term to refer to a socio-political economic system of domination based on racial categories that benefit those defined and perceived as white. This system rests on the historical and current accumulation of structural power that privileges, centralizes, and elevates white people as a group. If, for example, we look at the racial breakdown of the people who control our institutions, we see that in 2016-2017:

Congress: 90% white

Governors: 96% white

Top military advisers: 100% white

President and vice president: 100% white

Current POTUS cabinet: 91% white

People who decide which TV shows we see: 93% white

People who decide which books we read: 90% white

People who decide which news is covered: 85% white

People who decide which music is produced: 95% white

Teachers: 83% white

Full-time college professors: 84% white

Owners of men’s pro-football teams: 97% white

These numbers are not a matter of “good people” versus “bad people.” They are a matter of power, control, and dominance by a racial group with a particular self-image, worldview, and set of interests in the position to disseminate that image and worldview and protect those interests across the entire society.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

** Blah Blah Blah I had troubles too **

I think you live in a victimized bubble, Ashlyn that will always drag you down because you are a defeatist

This isn't the thread for you to gain sympathy due to your troubles as a White woman.

It's a thread to talk about Black Lives Matter and how we can help them, both in SL and RL.

Sure, we've all had troubles no matter who we are, but if you would have been Black your troubles would have almost certainly been worse.  This is what we mean by White privilege.

Go start a thread named "The Woes Of White People" or something.  Getting really, really sick of you not being able to see reality from any other perspective but your own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm not saying you, or any White person, should be blamed or feel guilt about being White or what has been done to Blacks in this country. I just want you to acknowledge Whites have had an advantage. If you can't comprehend how you, as a White person, had advantages, then you will never be able to understand what we can do to remedy this situation.  Because you're not acknowledging this injustice ever existed.

Read my story above about my oh so privileged white family that I wrote above.   My grand-parents had pennies and between the two families had 20 children who mostly died.  They lived off charity from local farmers at that time.  It was Army that helped my parents have anything at all.  And people of all colors can get the same benefits from the Army such as a $1 dollar down home right now once they serve their four years as well as get a good education in the Army.  People of all colors have improved their lives through the Army because education is very expensive in this country.  

Luna, I don't feel that you are listening and you want to keep people in some victimized bubble too and I'm not buying it.  

4 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:
15 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm not saying you, or any White person, should be blamed or feel guilt about being White or what has been done to Blacks in this country. I just want you to acknowledge Whites have had an advantage. If you can't comprehend how you, as a White person, had advantages, then you will never be able to understand what we can do to remedy this situation.  Because you're not acknowledging this injustice ever existed.

Read my story above about my oh so privileged white family that I wrote above.   My grand-parents had pennies and between the two families had 20 children who mostly died.  They lived off charity from local farmers at that time.  It was Army that helped my parents have anything at all.  And people of all colors can get the same benefits from the Army such as a $1 dollar down home right now once they serve their four years as well as get a good education in the Army.  People of all colors have improved their lives through the Army because education is very expensive in this country.  

Luna, I don't feel that you are listening and you want to keep people in some victimized bubble too and I'm not buying it.  

Fairre, I will say it again.  The issue is NOT whether we as White people had troubles in our life. The issue is that, no matter what your troubles were your life would have almost certainly worse had you been born Black.

This fact does not make Black people victims. What it means is that we need to change the very foundations of society that benefit Whites over Blacks.  Can you not comprehend how having so many Whites in positions of authority would slant the goods and privileges of being in a society unfairly in their direction?

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

This isn't the thread for you to gain sympathy due to your troubles as a White woman.

It's a thread to talk about Black Lives Matter and how we can help them, both in SL and RL.

Sure, we've all had troubles no matter who we are, but if you would have been Black your troubles would have almost certainly been worse.  This is what we mean by White privilege.

Go start a thread named "The Woes Of White People" or something.  Getting really, really sick of you not being able to see reality from any other perspective but your own.

Luna, I'm getting really, really sick of you not listening.  I'll post what I want and you can shove it!   

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Fairre, I will say it again.  The issue is NOT whether we as White people had troubles in our life. The issue is that, no matter what your troubles were your life would have almost certainly worse had you been born Black.

Bull!  My grand-parents had pennies and lived off charity from local farmers with 20 kids.  BULL!  

Join the Army and have equal and better opportunities because that's the only way my parents were able to defeat grand-parents with pennies.  

Edited by FairreLilette

4 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:
10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Luna, I'm getting really, really sick of you not listening.  I'll post what I want and you can shove it!   

Stop hijacking this thread!  This thread is, or should be, about helping Blacks!  All you do is talk about your woes and try to get a Black woman, Ashlyn, to see she's racist.  Stop!

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Stop hijacking this thread!  This thread is, or should be, about helping Blacks!  All you do is talk about your woes and try to get a Black woman, Ashlyn, to see she's racist.  Stop!

Oh, but it's fine when you hijack a thread, yeah sure.  Stuff it, Luna...just stuff it and stop answering things not directed at you.  You are causing a disturbance.  If you don't believe reverse discrimination exists, you have blinders on.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FairreLilette said:
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Oh, but it's fine when you hijack a thread, yeah sure.  Stuff it, Luna...just stuff it and stop answering things not directed at you.  You are causing a disturbance.  If you don't believe reverse discrimination exists, you have blinders on.  

The one trying to stop the disrespect you are heaping on Blacks is causing the disturbance?  I have bitten my tongue more than once with your constant comments that never acknowledge the plight of Blacks, but now that you've gone after Ashlyn I'm afraid I could be silent no longer.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

The one trying to stop the disrespect you are heaping on Blacks is causing the disturbance?  I have bitten my tongue more than once with your constant comments that never acknowledge the plight of Blacks, but now that you've gone after Ashlyn I'm afraid I could be silent no longer.

Oh, but it's okay from her.   If you don't believe reverse discrimination exists, you are from Mars and in denial.  

You went crazy because I'm showing the true side of this oh so great white privilege which doesn't exist.  The majority of whites don't have money for college.  College is near or over $200,000 dollars now.  The Army is how we got out of poverty, not some privilege of pennies.

Could you please not respond to posts not even directed at you because I think you went a little crazy over one post.  Could you please stop quoting my posts.  Thank you.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.