Are You Showing Support for Black Lives Matter in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If the BLM movement was a sincere vehicle for change, their slogan would be ALL Black Lives Matter.

Unfortunately, the only black lives that matter to them are the ones that promote their narrative than America is a racist hatefilled country that must be torn down and remade.

Does the BLM leadership care about the death of the 75 year old black ex-police caption who was murdered by looters?

Does BLM leadership care about all the black business destroyed by looters? Lives destroyed that will never be rebuilt.

More unarmed innocent blacks have been killed by rioters during the riots so far than were killed by cops in all of 2019.

At the end of the day BLM is nothing but an extreme left wing hate group, counting on white ignorance and white guilt to further its agenda.

That's all I have to say, no replies are necessary, because I won't reply.

Have a nice day.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

More unarmed innocent blacks have been killed by rioters during the riots so far than were killed by cops in all of 2019.

WTH ?! So this is a legal criterium for cops : as long as they don' t hit statistic levels of other killers they have a free licence to kill ? What kind of totalitarian law do you believe in ? A murderer is still a murderer.

Hmmm... The Redneckishness is strong in this one and it doesn' t seem very social indeed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

If the BLM movement was a sincere vehicle for change, their slogan would be ALL Black Lives Matter.

Unfortunately, the only black lives that matter to them are the ones that promote their narrative than America is a racist hatefilled country that must be torn down and remade.

Does the BLM leadership care about the death of the 75 year old black ex-police caption who was murdered by looters?

Does BLM leadership care about all the black business destroyed by looters? Lives destroyed that will never be rebuilt.

At the end of the day BLM is nothing but an extreme left wing hate group, counting on white ignorance and white guilt to further its agenda.

That's all I have to say, no replies are necessary, because I won't reply.

Have a nice day.

Well too much wrongness here to comment on properly, but the big claim about numbers is wildly inaccurate. The number of police killings of blacks in the USA over the last 5 years is in excess of 7000 people. The largest number I can see for those killed during recent protests is 20. Of those 20 some were killed by police, some by provocateurs, some of looters not necessarily associated with the protests. 

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

I was frustrated to read about this today. I just want to say that I DO NOT support or appreciate people defacing my countries war hero's. This was a step too far.

Yeah not good to deface properties.

I also don't appreciate concern trolls.

7 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

I was frustrated to read about this today. I just want to say that I DO NOT support or appreciate people defacing my countries war hero's. This was a step too far.

But he was a racist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Winston_Churchill

Sooner or later his statue will end up in the Thames, and rightly so. All statues of political figures have a shelf life, without exception.

Won't change any of the historical significance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Is that the best you got?

Not really, but things were heading to the stage where people start warning me to "be nice" and "think hard before hitting that 'return' key Dano!"....so I threw it "off the cuff" and went to bed! 🙂

1 minute ago, CoffeeDujour said:
13 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

But he was a racist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Winston_Churchill

Sooner or later his statue will end up in the Thames, and rightly so. All statues of political figures have a shelf life, without exception.

Won't change any of the historical significance.

Wow I didn't know that about him. One can learn a lot on a forum!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Nice straw man. See, that’s the type of stuff I’m taking about. Always make it about other people and derail from the actual issue, but go off or whatever. I’m gonna stick to my own kind who are like me, don’t have time for stupidity anymore. Goodnight. 

No, after reading your posts, I was just trying to make you see there are other people other than black who have been innocently brutalized or murdered by police.  But, you want to make it all about you and your people.

As far as you bringing up Jewish in another post, Jewish is a religion of all colors of people, including blacks.  My parents were friends with a black man who was Jewish.  

The world is made up of all kinds of people who have been innocently brutalized by police everywhere and not just in the United States.  To take on just one realm of it and say it's the focus, I can't do that because it is not the only focus.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Ok... here’s my honest opinion and it might upset a lot of people and for that I apologize but it’s how I feel. This simply just isn’t your fight. I know many whites and non-black POCs are rallying for the whole BLM movement, but it really isn’t your fight.

And THIS^^  is why I decided to ask you that question specifically, due to having guessed as much reading between the lines of many of your posts!  (As well as never seeing any other black person come out on the subject).

20 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

Churchill did a lot of bad, too.  I watched a documentary about Louisa Gould which was tied to how Churchill allowed the Nazi occupied Channel Islanders to starve from 1940-1945.   There’s also his starving of the people of British Imperial Bengal.  

I don't care if you think he was a racist.

If it were not for Churchill, chances are me and most of my family would not be alive today.

Nobody gets to deface and defile close held parts of British history and still expect to be given respect.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

The world is made up of all kinds of people who have been innocently brutalized by police everywhere and not just in the United States.  To take on just one realm of it and say it's the focus, I can't do that because it is not the only focus.

What you're saying feels logical to me, and I support helping all oppressed peoples.

However, something strange happens in America when Blacks try to get others to focus on their oppression. Unlike with other oppressed causes and people, we get people coming out of the woodwork to make sure we know about other causes.  For example, I've witnessed Native American protests and you just don't see people trying to insist that other groups have problems too. Or when someone has a "save the endangered bird" campaign you don't see pushback from others saying we should have a "save the endangered mammals" campaign.  This makes me think we don't actually value the concerns of Blacks when we frequently respond to their concerns with a "what about X and we need to focus on these other oppressed people too".

Edited by Luna Bliss

8 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

If supporting BLM is supporting disrespectful, arrogant behavior like this, consider me out.

I support human rights, not idiots who want to trash and disrespect history just to virtue signal.

So you don't support the person (or three) who spray-pained a slogan on the statue of Churchill.

What about the actual aims of the protest itself?    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

Nobody gets to deface and defile close held parts of British history and still expect to be given respect.

I've only seen you focus on the negative aspects of the BLM movement....have never seen you concerned for what Blacks have gone through over the centuries.  Why is that?

14 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

If supporting BLM is supporting disrespectful, arrogant behavior like this, consider me out.

I support human rights, not idiots who want to trash and disrespect history just to virtue signal.

Why does something have to be perfect to support it?  Nothing is perfect in this world. No need to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Plus, we don't even know for sure who is responsible for some of the more destructive aspects...it might not be the core element of BLM.

7 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Where is the line in these "protests"?

Where was the line when we hung a Black woman and slit her belly to reveal her unborn baby falling to the ground, and then stomped on its head, while a crowd viewing the spectacle cheered on?    And you are upset by graffiti?

Statues are nothing to do with history, which can be found in all the detail you want in a museum, nor are they art.

Statues are about messaging (for political statues, typically propaganda), and when that message ceases to be relevant or becomes tainted by time, then the spot should be turned over to a new statue.

I don't think he was a racist, he was an actual racist with some seriously horrendous views (full on belief in the superiority of Aryan stock who proposed using poison gas on 'natives'). That is also an indelible part of the man's history ... and why he's glorified by the UK's extreme right.

If pointing this out was enough to cease your support for BLM, then it's pretty fair to say you never did.

Jog on.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/not-his-finest-hour-the-dark-side-of-winston-churchill-2118317.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.