Are You Showing Support for Black Lives Matter in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Ya well not in my city. 

How do you know that? Are you in an anti-klan patrol?

6 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

And what do you think BLM is?  BLM is the same as the Klan just with a tan

They definitely aren't the same as the KKK or a neo-nazi group. Even if it's just for the fact that BLM is multicultural. Another one would be there's a push to make the KKK and neo-nazis a domestic terror organization. I'm not really seeing that with BLM.

12 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

You think when they tear down white own business on top of black owned ones they're helping our community? Nah you can't think that. lol 😎

Literally nobody thinks that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Like I said earlier.. I live near Pulaski Tennessee.. Even the Klan crowd that comes from all over and shows up there.. you would think it would be huge, but it's not really..

If they were gonna show up anywhere in numbers, it would be there..

Also,as I said earlier, the Klan when it was at it's strongest was in more numbers in the north.. there may be something going on up there , but I've been down here for a good bit and only ever bumped into a few of them my whole time, other than when they  show up in Pulaski..And i try to stay clear of there if I can when they are coming into that town..

That's cool. That wasn't my point at all though.

Just now, Janet Voxel said:

That's cool. That wasn't my point at all though.

I understand what you are saying, that they are trying to get organized..

But they won't ever be what they once were.. they'll never have that kind of power again..plus there are much more powerful groups and more are wise to them than back then..

They were deep deep organized before..

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

I understand what you are saying, that they are trying to get organized..

But they won't ever be what they once were.. they'll never have that kind of power again..plus there are much more powerful groups and more are wise to them than back then..

They were deep deep organized before..

My point was they aren't wearing hoods and sporting 88 tattoos. They are already organized.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

A lot of these big mouthed asshats down here that I ever run into are like shorties.. I'm 4"10 and  most of the ones I run into are only a little taller than me..

there are some big boys down here, but the shorties seem to be the ones with the crap attitudes..

My husband is 6"5 and anywhere from 280 to 300 pounds depending on winter and summer.. full blown Samoan warrior when he gets going..hehehe

He's gonna put the avg man into fear factor mode real quick..

Ya I've had some short friends I've had to pull out of a few jams myself back in my younger days because they never learn when to shut it on up. lol It's always the big fellas like your husband and myself that are generally the quiet ones when we go out. It's that stand in the background quietly and just let me know if there is a problem babe mentality we have. lol Ya from what your saying I am thinking I can understand and relate to him real well. lol 😎

The Alt-Right is a real problem in this country, to say the least:

In their own words

“Martin Luther King Jr., a fraud and degenerate in his life, has become the symbol and cynosure of White Dispossession and the deconstruction of Occidental civilization. We must overcome!”
—National Policy Institute column, January 2014

“Immigration is a kind of proxy war—and maybe a last stand—for White Americans, who are undergoing a painful recognition that, unless dramatic action is taken, their grandchildren will live in a country that is alien and hostile.”
—National Policy Institute column, February 2014

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/ideology/alt-right

• Like 1

The thing is all these white hate groups are not the same groups.. The Klan is not the skin heads or the neo-nazis or the alt- right..

Each one is a group..They all pretty much the same hate patterns But they are all different organizations..

If you are seeing swastikas ,it's a good chance you are dealing with skin heads or neo-nazi's..See rebel flags it's a good chance you're dealing with the Klan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

How do you know that? Are you in an anti-klan patrol?

Maybe because I live here and ain't no one that stupid enough to come rolling up in this neighborhood wearing bed sheets let alone shouting the N word because they know they'd get shot. Just a guess. lol So ya I am part of the anti-klan patrol. It's called living in the hood. lmao!!!! 😎

They definitely aren't the same as the KKK or a neo-nazi group. Even if it's just for the fact that BLM is multicultural. Another one would be there's a push to make the KKK and neo-nazis a domestic terror organization. I'm not really seeing that with BLM.

Oh ya it's multicultural all right. And white people in the BLM more often then not get told their role is whatever black people say it is. Man if that don't spell equality then I don't know what does. lol 😎

Your right that don't sound anything like the Klan telling black folks they should be serving them. Don't sound nothing like it at all. lol I'm sorry. It sure must be my age getting to me then. It happens sometimes. lol 😎

Literally nobody thinks that.

No one huh? lol Ya ok. You keep on thinking that then. lol😎

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

The Alt-Right is a real problem in this country, to say the least:

In their own words

“Martin Luther King Jr., a fraud and degenerate in his life, has become the symbol and cynosure of White Dispossession and the deconstruction of Occidental civilization. We must overcome!”
—National Policy Institute column, January 2014

“Immigration is a kind of proxy war—and maybe a last stand—for White Americans, who are undergoing a painful recognition that, unless dramatic action is taken, their grandchildren will live in a country that is alien and hostile.”
—National Policy Institute column, February 2014

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/ideology/alt-right

Yeah scary, like Nazis.

But to leave that alt right alone here and move onto something else.

Luna, you think that Whites weren't preferred over Blacks for no other reason other than their skin color.

I'm wondering if that was all there was to it in a Capitalistic mind set.  

What January put forth was perhaps the alliance between the United States and England made whites the favored child.  It has some logic to it.  

And, if there was more to it in the WASP culture which considers itself the elite, perhaps it was their belief in refined breeding that made whites better in their eyes.  The wealthy Europeans of all nations married for refined breeding and money and to keep money in the family.   Love was not a reason for marriage.  "Good breeding" and money were.  

But their belief in refined breeding even in the 20th Century was quite obvious when they choose Princess Diana because she had Benjamin Franklin in her family tree or some such nonsense.  The WASP culture involves a great deal about refined breeding, linage and a family tree.  The Black ethnicity had no family tree only an unknown African one.  

I wonder what else is behind the preference of Whites over Blacks in the centuries past and up until today with the elitist WASP culture in America?  Logically, we can deduce both would be equal consumers in a Capitalistic society, so why the preference of one over the other?   Some white elitists of the WASP culture could have had revered English people in their family tree, thus furthering the bond between the United States and England. 

I've been thinking about Second Life.  How does Second Life survive?  There is only one answer:  consumers.  Now Second Life doesn't discriminate on what consumers - it's just all consumers.  If Second Life didn't have consumers, it wouldn't be here it would cease to exist.  

So, what a Capitalistic society wants is consumers.  Why should it care what color of skin?  

Edited by FairreLilette

7 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Oh ya it's multicultural all right. And white people in the BLM more often then not get told their role is whatever black people say it is. Man if that don't spell equality then I don't know what does. lol 😎

Your right that don't sound anything like the Klan telling black folks they should be serving them. Don't sound nothing like it at all. lol I'm sorry. It sure must be my age getting to me then. It happens sometimes. lol 😎

As a White woman I haven't experienced any prejudice due to the color of my skin, I have no experience with that, so yes I'll let Black people tell me how I can help them.  Why is this so offensive to you?

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

My point is..each group is different in how they go about things with their hate.. a skin head is a lot different than dealing with an alt-right..

Skin heads are a much more violent group like a banger.. Skin heads scare me more than any of the other groups by far..

Let me just add this..

If a Skin head starts getting irate around me.. I'm gonna throw down on him, if he keeps coming I'm gonna stop him in his tracks...

Edited by Ceka Cianci

1 minute ago, Velk Kerang said:

Maybe because I live here and ain't no one that stupid to come rolling in this neighborhood wearing bed sheets let alone shouting the N word because they know they'd get shot. Just a guess. lol So ya I am part of the anti-klan patrol. It's called living in the hood. lmao!!!! 😎

Right, because you've gone from they aren't down here, to they aren't in my city, to they aren't in my neighborhood....because you're there. So I'll take that as a "No, I'm not in an anti-klan patrol." 

5 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Oh ya it's multicultural all right. And white people in the BLM more often then not get told their role is whatever black people say it is. Man if that don't spell equality then I don't know what does. lol 😎

Where do you come up with this stuff? You make it sound like there's a black commandant directing white people somewhere. White people come to support BLM because they want to, the same with Latinos, Asians, Indians, and Native Americans.

12 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Your right that don't sound anything like the Klan telling black folks they should be serving them. Don't sound nothing like it at all. lol I'm sorry. It sure must be my age getting to me then. It happens sometimes. lol 😎

I think it is...or something. That's because it doesn't. Keep setting up those straw men though, I'll take them down before they get set on fire.

"We are a collective of liberators who believe in an inclusive and spacious movement. We also believe that in order to win and bring as many people with us along the way, we must move beyond the narrow nationalism that is all too prevalent in Black communities. We must ensure we are building a movement that brings all of us to the front."

That's from their page. I highlighted the ideas you should pay attention to. Doesn't sound like the klan to me.

19 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

No one huh? lol Ya ok. You keep on thinking that then. lol😎

You asked...no you told me "You think when they tear down white own business on top of black owned ones they're helping our community? Nah you can't think that. lol"

I said literally, nobody thinks that. As in nobody thinks rioting and looting helps any community and you post a video of a black business vandalized. Great....that's not what I said though.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

As a White woman I haven't experienced any prejudice due to the color of my skin, I have no experience with that, so yes I'll let Black people tell me how I can help them.  Why is this so offensive to you?

I'll tell you why it offends me. Because the goal should be one of equality not supremacy. I want a sister/brother not a slave. I believe in a hand up. Not a hand out. So no white people should absolutely not be blindly lining up to be told what to do because it's wrong. They should be lining up to work out the problems side by side as one on a united front. If you've read some of the demands the BLM has put out in the past in regards to white people some of them are ridiculous. I can't see how anybody in their right mind would even take them seriously after that. You see I don't have a problem with reaching the goal of equality. That's never been the issue. My issue isn't even with the average member or supporter trying to do good and make a difference in the world. My issue is with the HNC's and so called high profile activists out there that call some of these shots and what they are doing with the power and trust they have been given because they are a disgrace. Under the right leadership the BLM in time could be a great organization. I don't want to be given anything. I don't feel owed. I work for my living. Same as everyone else. 😎

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

If you've read some of the demands the BLM has put out in the past in regards to white people some of them are ridiculous. I can't see how anybody in the right mind would even take them seriously after that. 

My issue is with the HNC's and so called high profile activists out there that call some of these shots and what they are doing with the power and trust they have been given because they are a disgrace.

Can you list the demands you're labeling as "ridiculous"?  I haven't seen any.

What's a HNC? And what are the high profile activists you've mentioned doing?  How are they a disgrace?

13 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Under the right leadership the BLM in time could be a great organization. I don't want to be given anything. I don't feel owed. I work for my living. Same as everyone else. 😎

Can you explain the connection between BLM and feeling "owed" and working for a living?

2 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Kinder? Have they seen how most people play? My kids have graveyards from all the people they have "accidentally" killed. I was watching some youtubers play and the sheer number of sims killed was astounding.. 

Thankfully I'm not most "kids". The only sim I've ever killed off (and had fun doing it) was Mortimer. I have aging turned off so they don't die and I age them up when I want them to age up. Yes, only Mortimer through all 4 iterations of The Sims. No, sorry, most people who play don't intentionally kill off their sims routinely.

16 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

My issue is with the HNC's and so called high profile activists out there that call some of these shots and what they are doing with the power and trust they have been given because they are a disgrace. 

What does HNC stand for?

41 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

As a White woman I haven't experienced any prejudice due to the color of my skin, I have no experience with that

I don't know what state you are in Luna and what I am about to say is not to offend you, but in the late 20th Century and early 21st century, many companies had to have certain demographics so as to not appear to be discriminatory.  So you could have been discriminated against for the color of your skin or your sex or your age for a job because of demographics within companies.  If there was already enough of one skin color, they wanted another skin color to fill that position because of the anti-discrimination laws.  You've never applied for a job where demographics play a part in your getting a job or not?  I'm just curious, and what state you are in or what part of the country you are in.   We have job demographics now.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Illinois is considered a Northern state.

I lived there and now in the bible belt about 30 miles north of the Alabama border and about 20 miles from Pulaski Tennessee,where the Klan was born.

Want to see snobby, go the Wilmette Illinois.. It's all old money and huge mansions with like 14 bathrooms and Sistine chapel type paintings on the ceilings just at the entrance.. Huge places..

Apparently some people are unaware of how many families in Chicago have family still in the south. Seemed like most blacks in the town I grew up in had family in Chicago. I was amazed to find that out decades ago. A lot of the escapees went to Illinois from Dixie. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.