Deploy Plan for the week of 2020-06-01

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Things are in flux right now, we're building a new version of the release currently on all RC hosts. Our current plan is to put an updated RC with the correct certificates to fix BUG-228850 tomorrow, June 2nd at 3 AM Pacific Time. Then on Wednesday, June 3rd we will put that build on all hosts on the main grid (assuming we don't have any problems with it overnight, we'll be watching for reports of such!). Formal release notes forthcoming, but I wanted to give everyone who frequents this forum for our deploy plans as much notice as possible that it will be a slightly strange week. We'll also be communicating this through other channels.

Edited by Mazidox Linden
New time for RC Roll this week
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

I appreciate the basic reasons for these last-minute changes, I think there's just enough information here to cover Tuesday. I do think we need a confirmation of the timing of the Wednesday roll. It's not the usual smaller RC roll, so should we expect it to run on the usual Wednesday timing?

Starting a small-size RC roll on the usual Tuesday schedule makes sense with the short-notice for staff, and gives more time to spot problems.

5 hours ago, arabellajones said:

I do think we need a confirmation of the timing of the Wednesday roll. It's not the usual smaller RC roll, so should we expect it to run on the usual Wednesday timing?

Things are still somewhat in flux, but if we do a full main channel roll on Wednesday it will use the usual Tuesday timing (3am SLT start).

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Oz. It maybe matters more to me because of time zones. I am awake rather later than usual, and I have known announcements only appear after I have gone to sleep. But there's never a perfect time for a world-wide customer-base.

It might be worth looking over the various announcements and info around this pair of rollouts, when it's all over, as a sanity check. Did you miss changing anything from the routine messages?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.