Idea: SL Modelling Program?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey! This is the first time I've come on the forums, so I'm not sure if this is in the right place.

Basically I have an idea....I think it would make building things and Sculpty exports easier if there was a seperate modelling program created for this purpose.
for example...in this modelling program you can build objects, texture them, and have the ability to make sculpty maps - and all of these can be exported into the Second Life virtual world. I think this would make things alot easier in my opinion.

what do you think?

You could also look into OpenSim and run a small, single sim server locally.  You could build in peace on your private "grid"  Once the prims are mangled in just the right way, you can export all the parameters and then in SL, upload and apply those parameters.  I believe the scripts already exist for this.  If not, it is really simple to write your own.  Maybe simple is not the correct word since you do need to understand scripting but if you know any programming or scripting language it is not a hard script to write with the help of LSL Portal.

Top idea! But go look at Blender, Sculpt Studio, Sculpt Crafter (did I get the name right?). These are all great examples of what we already use to make sculpties.

One thing that would be very useful for us though is a tool to help us texture easily. (I know there is Maya and 3D Max, but these are pretty pricey for a lot of SL builders).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.