Account downgrading and upgrading + New linden homes

Coffee Jaworower

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've sold my land and downgraded my account to basic but I have  till February till my annual subscription finishes When I cancelled I was looking to save some money but forgot I had subscribed annually. I was having a look at the new linden premium  homes on Bellisseria and really liked what  they have done 

Q1. Are these new premium homes ever available? When I go to get one  on my account page all they ever  show are the old Linden homes and nothing about the new home

Q2. If they are available and I can get one,  is it possible to reinstate my premium account before it runs out  in February?

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Coffee Jaworower said:

I've sold my land and downgraded my account to basic but I have  till February till my annual subscription finishes When I cancelled I was looking to save some money but forgot I had subscribed annually. I was having a look at the new linden premium  homes on Bellisseria and really liked what  they have done 

Q1. Are these new premium homes ever available? When I go to get one  on my account page all they ever  show are the old Linden homes and nothing about the new home

Q2. If they are available and I can get one,  is it possible to reinstate my premium account before it runs out  in February?

1) yes, but you have to look quite often, to be in time to catch one, at the moment you'r mostly depending on abandons, and that aren''t that many a day.
2) yes, contact support

• Like 1

Your Premium account will renew automatically unless you tell Linden Lab not to renew it.  See your Linden Lab TOS  (Sect 4.3):

[ ...  if you have purchased or redeemed a subscription-based product or service, each time your subscription comes up for renewal, we have the right to charge your credit card or debit your account the then-current renewal rate plus any applicable taxes we are required to collect, and you authorize us to do so. ]

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Your Premium account will renew automatically unless you tell Linden Lab not to renew it.  See your Linden Lab TOS  (Sect 4.3):

[ ...  if you have purchased or redeemed a subscription-based product or service, each time your subscription comes up for renewal, we have the right to charge your credit card or debit your account the then-current renewal rate plus any applicable taxes we are required to collect, and you authorize us to do so. ]

Thank you Rolig I have downgraded my account  and it says We will convert your account to Basic and the end of your billing cycle:    I took it that they wouldn't  charge me after that  but I better  check with them  that they don't  but I will get them to let me keep my premium account anyway

Edited by Coffee Jaworower

Aha!  OK, then if you decide not to downgrade, you better tell them.  Until then, even though your account is "Pending Downgrade", you are not allowed to own property in the Mainland Estate, including a Linden Home.  That's one of the sacrifices you make when you choose to downgrade, and it's why we generally recommend that people wait to downgrade until a week or so before the end of their billing cycle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coffee Jaworower said:

Thank you Rolig I have downgraded my account  and it says We will convert your account to Basic and the end of your billing cycle:    I took it that they wouldn't  charge me after that  but I better  check with them  that they don't  but I will get them to let me keep my premium account anyway

You are correct in that they would not charge you again on your renewal date if you did nothing after that downgrading.  

As others have mentioned, just file a Support ticket and tell them you want the Downgrade to be reversed.  LL is always more than happy to keep Premium accounts.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.