Any Native American sims?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, RoyBlakeley said:

Or at least Native American themed areas of other sims, like Wild West ones?

I can’t get inworld atm, but yes, there are.  Just use the search feature- many are likely role play oriented so check the rules when you land.   I found this video by searching Google:   

On 5/29/2020 at 8:52 PM, Luna Bliss said:

I think the Tombstone sims are still around..

Tombstone definitely is! I popped over there the other day to look around myself. Apparently they've lost some sims over the years but it's still decently sized. I feel like there was one corner with some teepees as well.

I honestly wish I could get some of the Hopi I know into SL. I can only imagine how impressive and unique the worlds they would create would be.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

@Tarina Sewell @Luna Bliss   

if I misunderstood by seeing “Wild West” then my bad.

but by all means, be catty.

seems to be a theme on these boards as of late.

9CBEBABE-F346-45E6-8E16-BEEFD934F8BC.jpeg

What is catty? I believe I asked a legit question.  I am really confused here. 

Edited by Tarina Sewell

23 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

& I gave a response that he thanked me for.

but the delivery of your question leading with “um” & closing with double question marks lends itself to being disingenuous.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

@Tarina Sewell @Luna Bliss   

if I misunderstood by seeing “Wild West” then my bad.

but by all means, be catty.

seems to be a theme on these boards as of late.

9CBEBABE-F346-45E6-8E16-BEEFD934F8BC.jpeg

Pixie, the photo you presented, a wild west town, did not depict any Native American areas, and I believe that's what Tarina was gently confronting you about.

My added comment was a sardonic one, commenting on the reality of wild west towns in the time period the photo depicted. The towns were created by murdering all the Natives and stealing their land.  There were no happy little tee pees off to the side of the town in that later time period, depicted in the photo, just like we saw no tee pees or Native presence in the photo you presented. So that's why I said maybe the Natives are buried under the town and that's why we can't see them.

It's no big deal, not criticizing you personally.

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Pixie, the photo you presented, a wild west town, did not depict any Native American areas, and I believe that's what Tarina was gently confronting you about.

My added comment was a sardonic one, commenting on the reality of wild west towns in the time period the photo depicted. The towns were created by murdering all the Natives and stealing their land.  There were no happy little tee pees off to the side of the town in that later time period, depicted in the photo, just like we saw no tee pees or Native presence in the photo you presented. So that's why I said maybe the Natives are buried under the town and that's why we can't see them.

I explained why I did not take it as “gentle”.  I also highlighted what I was responding to in the OP.  & I have pointed out that the OPer thanked me & then asked about teepees.  
& no it’s no bigger a deal than me mentioning my annoyance at the undertone of long running snark that continues in the forums.

Does she get to “gently confront” me & I am supposed to agree with her?  Or do I respond to her “gentle confrontation” which I see as passive aggression & not  have to feel bad about it?

& for the record, your ongoing bizarre “gentle confrontation” about whether or not you log on alts here as “sock puppets” was a prime example of the catty trends I keep seeing - & yes I have spoken up previously, at least twice when I wasn’t otherwise involved- on the hostility here. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:
39 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I explained why I did not take it as “gentle”.  I also highlighted what I was responding to in the OP.  & I have pointed out that the OPer thanked me & then asked about teepees.  
& no it’s no bigger a deal than me mentioning my annoyance at the undertone of long running snark that continues in the forums.

Does she get to “gently confront” me & I am supposed to agree with her?  Or do I respond to her “gentle confrontation” which I see as passive aggression & not  have to feel bad about it?

& for the record, your ongoing bizarre “gentle confrontation” about whether or not you log on alts here as “sock puppets” was a prime example of the catty trends I keep seeing - & yes I have spoken up previously, at least twice when I wasn’t otherwise involved- on the hostility here. 

It's fine if you want to confront her about confronting you....have fun  :)

I was simply pointing out that my comment had nothing to do with you personally...it was only a commentary on what wild west towns really were.

About the hostility here of late...totally agree.  Have no memory of the so-called "bizarre" comment you're accusing me of, but I do feel anger when another won't stick to the points but instead accuses me of being a 'sock puppet'.  And I will defend myself when this accusation is made.

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It's fine if you want to confront her about confronting you....have fun  :)

I was simply pointing out that my comment had nothing to do with you personally...it was only a commentary on what wild west towns really were.

About the hostility here of late...totally agree.  Have no memory of the so-called "bizarre" comment you're accusing me of, but I do feel anger when another won't stick to the points but instead accuses me of being a 'sock puppet'.  And I will defend myself when this accusation is made.

Respond to what I said.  Not how you’d like to frame it.
I won’t continue pulling the conversation back on course as you try to turn it into something I never claimed.

I simply quoted back your “gentle confrontation”, describing the ongoing sock puppet conversation as bizarre.  Never said you made a bizarre comment. 

• Like 1

Sometimes people are over sensitive and see things that are just not there. Obviously you are one of those people and I will just disregard your posts in the future for fear of offending you with a um or a question mark. Not that I really care. I asked a question and you decided to assume you knew what I was thinking or my meaning.... Have a nice day. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 2:19 PM, Tarina Sewell said:

um, how is that native american??

There's a whole area that is set up with a Native American feel. It's not very authentic... But it exists.

On 6/1/2020 at 5:28 PM, Tarina Sewell said:

It's probably because your comments are usually nonconstructive and often bordering the line of disrespectful.

• Confused 1

On 6/1/2020 at 10:35 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

I think the only ones (few that they were) are long gone from the grid now.

Signed, 

A Lakota Woman

It is a shame, I remember back in the day there was one that was all teepees and there was a store that had nothing but NA items. But, yes long gone I fear.

I have an avatar I fashioned for my 6xggmother who was Mohawk.  Not really role playing her but she is dressed as I would imagine my grandmother was when she was alive. I have yet to find a region where there was harmony and a historical representation of her people. It's all fighting and cowboys vs Indians themes.  shrug.....

6 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I remember back in the day there was one

I remember one too...I had a little spot where I displayed my skyboxes...and it was all Native stuff, no "cowboys and Indians" shoot-em-up battles.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

It is a shame, I remember back in the day there was one that was all teepees and there was a store that had nothing but NA items. But, yes long gone I fear.

I have an avatar I fashioned for my 6xggmother who was Mohawk.  Not really role playing her but she is dressed as I would imagine my grandmother was when she was alive. I have yet to find a region where there was harmony and a historical representation of her people. It's all fighting and cowboys vs Indians themes.  shrug.....

If I could afford a region... oh well.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.