Looking to hire : freelance photographer to create imagery for a virtual world startup

dabudesign

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HI SL Community!

I am looking to hire an SL photographer to create some marketing images for a virtual world startup called Billions of Us.

Please see the Job Description below, and let me know if you are interested, I can share more information with you over email.

Best to reply at dabu@billionsofus.com

Thanks, and hope to hear from you,

Db

--

Job Description

A new virtual world startup called Billions of Us is in need of high quality evocative imagery sourced from Second Life for the launch of its website.

We are looking for an experienced SL photographer to

• Work from our shot list to create high res / high quality marketing images for use on the Billions of Us website

• Work within Second Life to pose / stage / create the types of imagery we are looking for

• Work with our staff to help pose / adjust / setup in world as needed, including 

• Dressing / posing avatars

• Lighting / placing scenery / set dressings

• Finding / determining good camera angles that tell our story

• Work from our reference imagery in the shot list (approx 9 images total)

Timeframe

• Our need is urgent

• Need to have all imagery captured / completed no later than Friday June 5th

Budget

• Flexible, based on experience

• Budget: $75 - $150 / image in USD

Edited by dabudesign

Hi there --- 

I can actually do all of this  --- but 

Is this "legal"?   

Using screenshots from Second Life to advertise another "start up" platform seems a bit questionable to me (and likely to some other photographers reading this).   Maybe we need a bit more info.  

10 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Is this "legal"?   

Using screenshots from Second Life to advertise another "start up" platform seems a bit questionable to me (and likely to some other photographers reading this).   

Why would you need SL screen shots to market your platform? How is your platform relevant to in-world images from SL? This definitely sounds illegal to me. Have you submitted a ticket in SL to ask if you can do this? Wouldn't you want people to take snaps inside your platform? You could ask for people's social media where they host their pics, like Flickr for example, and this would help you determine who you will hire for your brand.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.