Suggestion: Restore to Last Position

Teager

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'd like to request that sims be rezzable at the (0, 0, 0) point for at least a very short period so that residents are able to use the Restore to Last Position feature. Restore to Last Position works by rezzing an item out of your inventory at (0, 0, 0) and then moving it immediately into the last position it was rezzed at, before being picked up or returned. It's incredibly useful to be able to rez out items where they last were after they're returned to inventory, either on purpose or by accident. It's especially useful with items that require precision locations, like house addons.

I realize it's a big ask to create small autoreturn parcels on hundreds of sims, and I understand if you'd rather not - but I wanted to offer the suggestion nonetheless!

• Like 6

I remember LL removing that from the viewer because of support headaches or something.  I don't understand why the object had to be rezzed at 0,0,0 instead of where the avatar is standing.

Edited by Ardy Lay

I'm behind this suggestion 100%.. Restoring items to last position is incredibly helpful when you can actually do it. I've always wished it was a SL standard on all regions to have the smallest size possible square at 0,0,0 to be set to auto return 10 seconds (or something similar) so this wonderful feature could actually be used by people who don't own a whole region themselves. It's probably too late to retro-fit this, but maybe moving forward at least it can be considered...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

One reason I've read for LL considering getting rid of the feature altogether was that it can result in permanent loss of content when used on "no copy" items. (Considering how often those items poof anyway, I snickered when I read that.)

Yes this is correct. That's why Firestorm blocks using Restore to last position on no copy items.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If Firestorm can block for non-copyable items, LL must also know how to do something for general items ... I suppose ... Ok, ok ... I count my non-copyable products on my fingers ... I avoid them to the extreme! I hate them! 🙂

• Like 1

I see this thread was moved to the Technology > Second Life Viewer forum. My suggestion was posted in the Linden Homes forum because I actually was specifically suggesting that the Bellisseria regions be made rezzable at 0, 0, 0. I'm sorry if that was unclear. In Bellisseria specifically, no one is able to use restore to last position because no one but moles and lindens can rez at 0, 0, 0

Edited by Teager
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.