What is the wishlist for?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im still fairly new to second life, but I noticed that theres a save to to wishlist button when I was favoriting items I wanted to get later.  I was thinking that you put it in your home page or something, but I don't really know where it goes, I do have a fary full profile of other things, so I hope that theres enough balance to have a link like that in my profile. 

30 minutes ago, LadyDragoness888 said:

Im still fairly new to second life, but I noticed that theres a save to to wishlist button when I was favoriting items I wanted to get later.  I was thinking that you put it in your home page or something, but I don't really know where it goes, I do have a fary full profile of other things, so I hope that theres enough balance to have a link like that in my profile. 

Your Wishlist can be shared with others and is not private (anyone can go look at it). Your Favourites list is private.

32 minutes ago, LadyDragoness888 said:

Anyone that understands how the wishlist URL works will be able to find your wishlist if they want to gift you something - maybe for Christmas, etc...   So you don't have to actually put the link anywhere.  Given that, I do know people that have it listed as a Pick in their profile, in the main About info and also in the Interests section.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BelindaN said:

If I go shopping and dont have enough L$, I put items in my wishlist for later.

Because sticking within budget is sometimes impossible.

FIFY

I put some items on my Wishlist and some on my Favorites list.  I typically won't put (what I consider to be) expensive items on my Wishlist, since that is what others may use for gifting items to me (this is similar to my RL behavior of never having expensive items on my Christmas or Birthday gift list).  Likewise, if there happens to be anything that I don't really want the world to know about, I'll put that on my Favorites list instead of my Wishlist.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.