Things I'm kinda glad about

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Rhonda accepted a promise ring from me today. There's a long road ahead but we're taking it together, one day at a time.

Mending2.thumb.jpg.2bed26c5e35f8c94ae8f6412f8401915.jpg

I thought the two of you had been partnered forever and a day by now, but I'm really happy to hear you are promised together too, and that picture is just beautiful!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, kali Wylder said:

I thought the two of you had been partnered forever and a day by now, but I'm really happy to hear you are promised together too, and that picture is just beautiful!

Thank you. We were until the beginning of May, when I learned things. So now there's stuff to work through.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Thank you. We were until the beginning of May, when I learned things. So now there's stuff to work through.

That really is wonderful to hear. Real love is hard work but it's worth it.

• Like 4

I had a very nice experience inworld today. A chance to decompress, do a little SL immersing, and just sitting back in RL while doing so and just feeling, "Ahhh, yes..." I think my blood pressure dropped 20 points (a good thing). 

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 6

My bff and ex-SL partner came inworld today to check out the project I'm working on and to chat. This is a big deal because he hates SL (long story) and I'm lucky to get him to log in twice a year any more. It was pleasant and too short, but I'm glad about it. It also (and always does) made me nostalgically sad for when we did goof off together and he was inworld a lot. Glad wins out over nostalgia.

• Like 7

I am glad about  our whatsapp footy mates group which starts every day with a Good Morning check in from everyone then some fun banter all day long on and off.  It's become important to know those singles in lockdown are ok and coping and it always ends up with a good giggle. 

• Like 6

I'm glad that the sun is not out and it has cooled off a lot where I am in the UK. It is, what I call, a perfect day for gardening. And so I am out, with the hedge trimmers and mower and an assortment of tools. Plus it's a good all-round workout, cheaper than, but as effective as, going to the gym.  

• Like 4

On 6/6/2020 at 1:21 AM, Tarina Sewell said:

The ignore feature, if that has not been mentioned. I seem to be using it a lot lately!

Not just me then? You make me feel better somehow. Unless you've got me on ignore also ;)  I never used it before this year. I never had cause to. I have half a dozen people on ignore currently, and my world is so very nice and peaceful.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Elena Core said:

I am glad that, after three months, last weekend I was finally able to sit in a bar for a couple of beers with my friends, being thankful because we all made it through this time and are OK. Something so small and so simple, that can bring so much joy

Thank you - for giving me hope.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

I'm glad that the sun is not out and it has cooled off a lot where I am in the UK. It is, what I call, a perfect day for gardening. And so I am out, with the hedge trimmers and mower and an assortment of tools. Plus it's a good all-round workout, cheaper than, but as effective as, going to the gym.  

Funny how perspectives can change. The sun has been hiding here too, and I am nothing but expecting the sunny days to come back, so I can work in the garden!!! Also glad of getting these posts, they help me to remember how different we all are :)  and still the same 

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 3

The virus isn't gone, it's still out there, waiting patiently like a weasel outside a rabbit warren, knowing for certain that we'll emerge again soon and then....BAM! dinner time again.
Luckily for me, being "severe risk" and only having one real friend in the whole Country, I'm an enforced hermit. "Kinda glad about" that these days tbh. Best of luck to you all!  😁

• Like 2

I am glad that when I requested a periodic password reset for my day job,
amidst the worlds dramas, the new password is the same as the name of "fatter crepes",
then my birth year.

Too yummy to forget THAT password lol.

My life has hardly changed 1 iota since the lock-down Dano. I am very happy about that! 8^)

basic-pancakes-78986-1.jpg

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 2

On 5/29/2020 at 6:46 PM, Marigold Devin said:

I'm glad I checked out a place that was mentioned on several posts throughout this week. It's like a tribute to the old Greenies place, Once Upon A Time, where everything is scaled up and you feel really really small. 

Oh I loved the Greenies! Will close the Forums and go look at once. Thanks! And besides I am really happy about getting a place in Bellisseria too, lovely community. And this thread is wonderful!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm shocked and pleasantly surprised that the company I work for decided to give all us worker bees a paid day off for Unity, to be taken in order to participate in the Black Lives Matter events that began as a result of the death of George Floyd, and Breanna Taylor.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

I'm shocked and pleasantly surprised that the company I work for decided to give all us worker bees a paid day off for Unity, to be taken in order to participate in the Black Lives Matter events that began as a result of the death of George Floyd, and Breanna Taylor.

That is a great detail!

• Like 2

I fixed my little fan.  I wound up with two of them after my latest hospital stay.  As most know, American healthcare charges can be inflated a teensy bit.  & so I tell myself the fans are a substantial portion of the $52,000+ billed to me that insurance has yet to pay. So imagine my dismay when it stopped working today.  
I took it apart, and was able to pull a shredded dryer sheet from the metal part that spins.  I have no idea how it got there.  But I fixed my fan.  🙂👌🤗

1D94F6CC-4732-4BBF-B73F-C0ADD7E4D00F.jpeg

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.