Removing scripts

Jenzels

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

My avi is around 87 scripts, however I brought these boots I love which brings it up to 270 scripts!!!  I really don't want the sounds and options to recolor them (made a copy).  I contacted the developer of the boots and he sent me a 'mod' version of them.  I right click to edited them, went to the content section and removed everything (all sounds, kept one texture, removed one script).  Howver this only brought it down by one.

He sent a notecard that said 'fastest to use the viewer option: remove scripts in selection to remove all the scripts', but I'm not entirely sure what the 'viewer option' is.  It's not the little blue menu which drops down top right, because there is no delete in any of the menu. 

Please how else would I bring down the scripts of a mod'ed version...there's this rp sim opening next week, and I'm sure I'll get some dark looks and a boot with 270 scripts. 

The remove all scripts option is in the viewer menu bar under Tools (whereas I'm not sure if LL's official Viewer 2 has that option). You need to rez the shoe, edit it so that the shoe is the active selection and then go to the Tools menu and choose aforemention option.

the reason why you only got rid of one script by going into the contents, like you described you did, is because that was the root prim and the remaining scripts were located in the other prims in the linkset. when selecting a linkset you will only see the contents of the root prim (outlined in yellow).

to remove all scripts using that method would require you to go into each and every prim in the linkset (using edit linked parts) and delete scripts.

so - fastest, easiest and most thorough way would be to do it the way the merchant advised you to do - and as ansariel explained.

• 4 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.