Friends disappearing from list.

Brises Ravenheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So before anyone gives the obvious answer, that the other person removed me, I know that that is not the case.

Twice within the past week different friends have disappeared from my list for no reason. In these two cases I became aware because I see and or talk to these people daily. In both cases neither of us removed each other. So yeah we re added, no problem right? Is is a problem because people always assume the other person did it, and even after re adding there remains some doubt. This is an unacceptable situation. And for more casual friends I may not noticed that they disappeared for several days. I use Firestorm, could this be a problem with their viewer, or is it on Linden's end? This requires an explanation.

4 answers to this question

51 minutes ago, Brises Ravenheart said:

So before anyone gives the obvious answer, that the other person removed me, I know that that is not the case.

Twice within the past week different friends have disappeared from my list for no reason. In these two cases I became aware because I see and or talk to these people daily. In both cases neither of us removed each other. So yeah we re added, no problem right? Is is a problem because people always assume the other person did it, and even after re adding there remains some doubt. This is an unacceptable situation. And for more casual friends I may not noticed that they disappeared for several days. I use Firestorm, could this be a problem with their viewer, or is it on Linden's end? This requires an explanation.

Are you sure they disappeared or did they possibly change their names?

Hello,

I am looking about this issue too... Searched about the way to contact the Linden Labs but ended up here... I am also wondering where and how to set when someone remove me to receive notification ? If you receive that notification about removal from someone it would be obvious who did it or if it been a bug in the system.

7 minutes ago, RobotGirl Box said:

If you receive that notification about removal from someone it would be obvious who did it or if it been a bug in the system.

as far i know that's, thank god, no feature. Imagine the drama caused by people you remove or are removedfrom their list. Friendships end with a reason. or no reason at all... keep it that way.
Some people accept requests out of politeness or don't want to hurt feelings as long they see you, and remove it as soon they don't see you online.
This doesn't exclude the possibility there is a bug, but the only one that's able to help with that is LL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.