Best way to move?

WinstonEverlast

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Quick question for all you GoH “house jumpers”... what’s the best way to move everything off of your property prior to abandoning your Linden Home in hopes of getting a different one? Ideally I’d prefer NOT to have to click on everything one by one, but at the same time would prefer to have some semblance of order and not everything in my lost and found folder... suggestions?

Well, if all objects are 'copy', another option is that you just leave. All objects will be returned and a new item mightbe showing in your inventory, under the name of one of the other objects, but with a different shape. It's a coalesced object and it looks like three orange boxes into one, it contains some of the items together

What I do is pick up the "no copy" items individually, as I don't want to risk losing them. Then I abandon the parcel, letting all the copy items return to me as one object, as Elena said.

If I am wanting to use the same items/layout in my next home, I just go to a sandbox, rez the coalesced object while in edit mode, and quickly separate it into a few groups (usually by room). Then I just pick each of those up and I am ready to drop them into the new home! 

• Like 1

The only thing about coalesced objects (the 'cluster' Milk referred to) and LHs is that they can be really difficult to rez in a new place, if you're not careful.  If any of the coalesced objects is outside of the boundaries of your new parcel, your entire coalesced object will refuse to rez. 

I get around this by taking the build up in 'chunks' (like Sylvia's rooms), making sure that the last thing I select is kinda in the center of the chunk. 

OTOH, you could rez the whole build at once if you packed everything copiable into a rez2 box.  I've been too lazy to bother, besides, I usually refurnish from scratch anyway.

• Like 2

Just a side note here, but as I learned yesterday, it's a little more difficult to make a move at this point as inventory is mostly limited to (a very few) abandons. You may reload the land page for hours to get the type of home you want, if it becomes available at all. Yesterday, I saw only one traditional and no houseboats, the Vics and Log Cabins were few and far between, and there was one camper that everyone kept throwing back. I lost a Vic that was assigned to someone else an hour and a half after it was given to me. It took me several hours after that to get a Log Cabin, no luck on the Vics.

So, not as bad as it was prior to the release of the Vics and the Log Cabins, but maybe not the best time to abandon your home if you want to pick up another one quick.

Typically, I've taken objects by using the area search and filtered by what is owned by me.

Edited by Trinity1776

What I do is take up all my no copy items first.. then I go to each room, rezz out a prim, name it whatever room I am in" Gems bedroom"   click a item to get in edit mode, push shift, then go around clicking everything to SOFT LINK them up, do not actually link in the edit window!, click the save name prim last, then while still in edit mode and everything is in soft link click you mouse click on something anything to get the pie menu ,more then take a copy. everything you click and is soft linked will be in your objects folder ( that way you can just delete and discard your lost n found stuff after you abandon). Rinse, repeat for each of your rooms, this way you  will only have each room to re-rezz out with out risking rezzing stuff outside you parcel. It's a bit of work but trust me if you dislike sorting back through inventory and digging through folders for something for each room, this will save you time.

Edited by Gem Oxygen
  • Like 4

Are you in a hurry? If you have Firestorm, you can derender the Linden Home.

Then you can go to the top line on the screen, select "Build - Options - Select only copyable objects". Then click and drag over the whole parcel, over all your items. It is best to do it when you are hovering over your parcel.

You then take this huge batch back in your inventory. You have them as a coalesced object on top of your object folder. I make a folder, name it with the house type,, like "Winchester interior May 26" and move the coalesced object in there.

No copy items are left back and easy to pick up.

I use select only copyable items when I pick up smaller clusters too.

When I deal with a huge, coalesced object, I go to a sandbox and rez it there. I have good time to select more objects and link, or take up smaller clusters if I want to have the same furniture combinations. Then I delete the furniture I do not want to bring over to the new home.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

On 5/28/2020 at 3:14 AM, Marianne Little said:

Are you in a hurry? If you have Firestorm, you can derender the Linden Home.

Then you can go to the top line on the screen, select "Build - Options - Select only copyable objects". Then click and drag over the whole parcel, over all your items. It is best to do it when you are hovering over your parcel.

You then take this huge batch back in your inventory. You have them as a coalesced object on top of your object folder. I make a folder, name it with the house type,, like "Winchester interior May 26" and move the coalesced object in there.

No copy items are left back and easy to pick up.

I use select only copyable items when I pick up smaller clusters too.

When I deal with a huge, coalesced object, I go to a sandbox and rez it there. I have good time to select more objects and link, or take up smaller clusters if I want to have the same furniture combinations. Then I delete the furniture I do not want to bring over to the new home.

This is almost exactly what I do. I have many sorted folders of my builds I picked up this way.

I use to simply delete each and every copyable item in the order I want to rezz them out in the new home.
As the trash bin lists them not alphabetically but in sort of a time order, I open the trash folder after arriving at the new place and rezz them out, cause it feels like they are sorted "room by room". 
This is the most easy way for me, personally.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.