free home with premium account

Cannis Carter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Cannis Carter said:

once you subscribe with a premium account can you change your free home you picked??

i am really not happy with my space at all!!

please help??

yes you can.
If it's only the house style ( and are on the new LH) you can change the build in a handfull different ones.
For a total different parcel, or theme, abandon it, and sign up for a new one at your account page (IF available!)

10 minutes ago, Cannis Carter said:

once you subscribe with a premium account can you change your free home you picked??

i am really not happy with my space at all!!

please help??

Within any Theme (Traditional House, Houseboat, Victorian, Camper/Trailer, Log Home) you can click the controller and pick a different style.  The Camper/Trailer homes have 8 styles and the rest have 4 styles.  You have to abandon and get another if you are wanting to change the location or get a different THEME.

ETA:  The 'controller' for Traditional House and Victorian is the mailbox just outside the parcel.  For Houseboats it is a Life Preserver.  For Campers it is a wooden sign.  I don't remember for the Log Homes, but it will be either a mailbox or a sign of some sort.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

This gets a little complicated.

The newer Linden Homes (Traditional, Victorian, Camper, Log Home, Houseboat) allow you to switch between several different models, but all within the same overall theme.  As LittleMe says, you use a controller to change the house.  (How do you know that you are picking a "newer" Linden Home?  On the Linden Home selection page, they are all within the category called "Bellisseria".)

Also note that some of the themes are on 1024 square meter parcels (Traditional, Victorian, Log Home, some Houseboats) while others are on 512 sq m parcels (Some Houseboats, Campers)  Homes on 1024 parcels have 351 prims available, while those on 512 have only 175 prims.  The size of the home's parcel is shown in the listing on the Linden Home selection page.

The older Linden Homes (A Frame, Contemporary, Fantasy, Japanese) each have several models within their overall theme, but do NOT allow changing by script.  You have to actually change to a different house and location.  The available models are shown in the pictures within the theme you select on the Linden Home page.  Not all models are available at all times.

With ANY Linden Home, you are free to abandon it at any time and go pick another from the Linden Home selection page.  Go to your home, delete or Take all your things.  Then click World/Parcel Details or World/About Land.  Click the Abandon button in the About Land window that appears.  Now, go to the Linden Home selection page on this website and choose another.

NOTE:  Not all the styles are available all the time, especially in the Bellisseria home types, because they are in great demand.  You can refresh the page up to 10 times in a 10 minute period; when one of the styles you want shows up as available, grab it quick before someone else does.

I am not finding an option for any homes except the older styles, which, ewwww. How do I access the houseboat or newer home versions? I don't understand. Please help? and Thank you :)

Okay, I did find a cabin. thanks

Edited by AmasiaLozano

7 minutes ago, AmasiaLozano said:

I am not finding an option for any homes except the older styles, which, ewwww. How do I access the houseboat or newer home versions? I don't understand. Please help? and Thank you :)

Okay, I did find a cabin. thanks

The newer ones are currently in short supply -- only available when someone abandons one. 

LL is currently releasing a new region every day or so during the work week.  The new region releases are discussed in this thread:

When LL is ready to release the next Theme of homes, it will be announced here:

I've just got one of the new Californian style homes in a new development - Cranberry Ridge. this one seems to have a house controller inside the house that links internally in SL to a webpage. The link doesn't work and goes to a page that doesn't fill properly. As such I can't change any settings or the security.

I've tried using the On-line chat function, however can't get the pop-up chat button visible (triezd allowing pop-ups on that page in Edge). Does anyone know if the On-line chat support is working at present given the current situation?

Thanks

25 minutes ago, Jezmerelda said:

I've just got one of the new Californian style homes in a new development - Cranberry Ridge. this one seems to have a house controller inside the house that links internally in SL to a webpage. The link doesn't work and goes to a page that doesn't fill properly. As such I can't change any settings or the security.

I've tried using the On-line chat function, however can't get the pop-up chat button visible (triezd allowing pop-ups on that page in Edge). Does anyone know if the On-line chat support is working at present given the current situation?

Thanks

You need to send in a support ticket under "Linden Homes" if I remember correctly. Time varies about how fast the web interface gets fixed -- at least judging by the past :D.   Cranberrry Ridge is NOT NEW however, it is over ten years old. Still you have a home and that's a good thing. The controlers on those old homes go out quite a bit. 

Since you are a Premium member, you have already paid for Live Chat service.  Use it.  Contact them and ask to have the controller reset.  They are wizards at that sort of thing.

You can reach Live Chat during normal working hours from your dashboard at secondlife.com by clicking the HELP tab and then selecting Live Chat from the sidebar menu:

https://gyazo.com/6110430e15ec9f98f0be468bba4ce3ef

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Since you are a Premium member, you have already paid for Live Chat service.  Use it.  Contact them and ask to have the controller reset.  They are wizards at that sort of thing.

You can reach Live Chat during normal working hours from your dashboard at secondlife.com by clicking the HELP tab and then selecting Live Chat from the sidebar menu:

https://gyazo.com/6110430e15ec9f98f0be468bba4ce3ef

In my experience the live chat folks just asked me to make a ticket. Worth a shot I guess. :D 

3 hours ago, Jezmerelda said:

Thanks

One note on this -- the homes in Cranberry Ridge are not the NEW Linden Homes.  If you do want to try for one of the newer homes -- they are in short supply and it might take you a while to get one -- you'll have to abandon your current one before retrying.  You'll then want to watch for Bellisseria to show in the top drop down list when you refresh the screen.

Thanks for letting me know about this and trying to help. I'll get a ticket put in, and also look to move into one of the new houses, although I can see that this may not be easy. The advice on here however will hopefully make it a bit easier! 🙂

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.