Prim with HTML on it only visible if AV looks at it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everybody!

I created a prim that shows an HTML-page using «llSetPrimMediaParams».

This basically works, but I found a caveat that kinda bugs me.

The HTML-Page is only visible, if the AV actually looks at it (and prims that are farther away only load when the AV comes close).

Is there a way to prevent this? Means, I want the HTML-page to be loaded no matter how far the AV is from it or if she/he looks at it.

It always takes a moment before the page is loaded, so first there's nothing visible and then I get a white board before the loading completes. That just doesn't look good.

Thanks for any help!

Use a texture that somewhat looks like what will be displayed.

Web prims are literally a browser running on the user's computer, while there are lsl functions to trigger naigation and things like that, you can't "force" people to use your web prim.

There is a limit of how many web prims can be loaded at any given time, (when 3rd party viewers don't completely butcher the function)

Edited by Kyrah Abattoir

Media on a prim is a big load for the viewer. For each one of those, the viewer launches a "Dullihan" task with a headless copy of the Chrome browser.  That's why it takes so long to start up; you're opening an entire web browser. This probably worked better before web browsers started needing a gigabyte of RAM.

It's mostly used for things like TV sets and movie screens, where you usually only have one to look at.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.