Pombokom

Can we undock Firestorm windows?

Question

Can we undock Firestorm windows?

By this I mean drag a window -- Inventory, Places, Conversations, etc -- out of the main window to a separate screen.

If you have two identical screens you can just fill them with your view. But usually one has a laptop screen and an attached monitor, and you can't just fill them with one Firestorm window. Better to undock various utility windows and drag them to the non-viewer screen.

I don't think this would be difficult technically so wondering if there's a way.

5 answers to this question

Usually, the best p;lace to ask a question about the Firestorm viewer is in the Firestorm user group. You might get lucky here, but your chances are lots better there. 😉

• Like 1

No window can be undocked from the main Second Life User Interface, in any viewer, as far as I am aware.

However, you CAN stretch the main UI to go beyond your main monitor and onto part of, or even all of, a second monitor.  Then you can move your various windows over to the part of the viewer that's on the second monitor.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pombokom said:

I don't think this would be difficult technically 

Some developers have played with this and apparently it actually is difficult technically.

• Like 1