Am I able to reclaim land that I abandon?

Pegi Tuck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I apologize if this has been answered. I have tried to search unsuccessfully and am totally ok if someone could link me to a similar discussion.

I am new back to SL and new to the Linden Land.

I like my home but I see other areas that are more beautiful. Is there a way to get a specific property or to get my land back if I abandon it? Is there a listing of available properties of Linden homes somewhere? Could I wind up with no land because of the increase in players recently and the "out of space" Linden announced?

Thank you for reading this.

10 minutes ago, Pegi Tuck said:

I like my home but I see other areas that are more beautiful. Is there a way to get a specific property or to get my land back if I abandon it? Is there a listing of available properties of Linden homes somewhere? Could I wind up with no land because of the increase in players recently and the "out of space" Linden announced?

You cannot ever request a specific Linden Home property - there is no list - it is all random assignment.  Which is why Milk said that it is unlikely you'll get the same property back.

If you abandon a Linden Home, you can end up with nothing.  Not because of the 'out of space' issue, but because there are a limited number of Linden Homes created so far and currently the ONLY inventory is when someone abandons one.  LL will soon start releasing new regions of homes that they have been building for a while now.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You cannot ever request a specific Linden Home property - there is no list - it is all random assignment.  Which is why Milk said that it is unlikely you'll get the same property back.

If you abandon a Linden Home, you can end up with nothing.  Not because of the 'out of space' issue, but because there are a limited number of Linden Homes created so far and currently the ONLY inventory is when someone abandons one.  LL will soon start releasing new regions of homes that they have been building for a while now.

26 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

When you abandon, you're unlikely to get it back. And I wouldn't say there's NO WAY to get a specific property, but that's unlikely too.

Thank you very much. ALL my questions got answered. Trying to follow the discussions was a bit challenging not understanding that part.  Hope you both have a great day. ❤️

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.