buying linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, you can enter the amount you want.  

Click on where it says 2500 Linden, backspace and take the 2500 Linden amount OUT and then enter the amount you want.  

Let me know if this helped.  

Edited by FairreLilette

10 minutes ago, Jayde74 said:

is there a way to increase the amount of linden i can buy?

Are you asking about limits? If so, then go to your Dashboard and on the left hand side, click  on "Manage" under "Linden Exchange". Click on "Billing/Trading Limits" and then you can request a review of your limits. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Your account is only 41 days old, so it is EXTREMELY unlikely that LL will raise your Buy Limit for any reason.

I never knew there was any "buy limit".  I never encountered that.  PIOF makes a difference then or what?  I've always had PIOF.  

13 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I never knew there was any "buy limit".  I never encountered that.  PIOF makes a difference then or what?  I've always had PIOF.  

The person is talking about buying L$ via the LindeX, not buying "stuff".

PIOF makes no difference because everyone has to have PIOF to buy L$.  For the typical person that has been in SL for a while, the buy limit is $1999.00 in 24 hours and $1999.00 in 30 days -- those are rolling time periods.  The limits are very low in the first 30 days, and possibly still not at that $1999.00 typical limit for a while after that even.

You can see yours here: https://accounts.secondlife.com/lindex/economic_limits

ETA:  The "30 days" is not based on account age, but from the date of the first L$ buy transaction or Premium membership purchase.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

You can't buy anything without PIOF.  That's not the issue. Until you actually use your account for the first time, you have very low limits for buying and selling L$. The limits start to increase rather quickly, but for that first month you can only buy small mounts of L$. That gives you time to learn how the SL economy works before you blow a huge wad of cash on unwise purchases, and lets LL limit their losses just in case your payment method is bogus.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

You can't buy anything without PIOF.  That's not the issue. Until you actually use your account for the first time, you have very low limits for buying and selling L$. The limits start to increase rather quickly, but for that first month you can only buy small mounts of L$. That gives you time to learn how the SL economy works before you blow a huge wad of cash on unwise purchases, and lets LL limit their losses just in case your payment method is bogus.

Thanks for all the info.  I never knew all this because when I started SL, I'm not ready to buy a lot anyways.  I never recommend my newbie friends ever buy a lot but rather try some of the free stuff from Free Dove or the 1 Linden items so you can learn and take some time to make sure you want to be a part of Second Life for awhile.  

But, I would never purchase nearly $2,000 dollars worth of Lindens a month as LittleMe Jewell posted above is the basic limit unless I were into the selling thing.  So, this must be for the selling Lindens thing.

I thought it was a newbie to a keyboard because many of the younger generation mostly text on a small phone.  

Edited by FairreLilette

4 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

But, I would never purchase nearly $2,000 dollars worth of Lindens a month as LittleMe Jewell posted above is the basic limit unless I were into the selling thing.  So, this must be for the selling Lindens thing.

People do a lot of strange things that most of us would never dream of trying. Some are compulsive risk-takers, others have no financial sense, and I imagine a few believe that they have wandered into a fantasy game world where they aren't buying and selling things with real money.  Oh, and then there are the few people who have heard that you can earn a healthy income by running a business in SL, so they want to "invest" in buying lots of land and building a shopping empire to get the ball rolling.  The Lab's limits protect those poor souls from themselves and they discourage big scale disasters that might harm other SL residents and even the Lab itself.  The Lab does let you request a review of your limits, which I suppose is their way of identifying a rare Anshe Chung who can handle big amounts of L$ safely but, yeah, that's not you or me.  🙄

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.