Why are L$ cheaper buying them with US$?

MieJensen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Buying L$ from Europe:     Why must I pay approximately 5 - 10% more, when buying L$ using €, than if I could use US$? Why can't I set US$ as my preferred currency, and then let my bank handle the exchange fees between € and US$?

4 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I believe you're neglecting Value Added Tax (VAT) which is imposed by most European governments.

only on the fees i think, not the L$

https://secondlife.com/corporate/vat.php

https://secondlife.com/corporate/pricing.php

1 hour ago, MieJensen said:

Buying L$ from Europe:     Why must I pay approximately 5 - 10% more, when buying L$ using €, than if I could use US$? Why can't I set US$ as my preferred currency, and then let my bank handle the exchange fees between € and US$?

think you should look at your paymentinfo .. a CC or Paypal takes conversionfees, never seen that Europeans have to pay more to LL.( i thís case)
Are your buy orders perhaps to small and you don't expect the 1.49 buy fee?

What I want, is to be able to pay in US$ instead of being forced to pay in €.

I am simply looking at the exchange rate. All other issues such as VAT and fees are the same. The invoice gives an exchange rate that is favouring US$ much more than the normal bank exchange rate does. So even though they don't actually state their conversion fees, according to this invoice from today the dollar should be worth more than the euro, and that is a bit steep. My rl bank has an exchange rate today of 109.12 US$ to 100 €, and LL's rate in this example is 98.14 US$ to 100 €.

image.png.cb87e4e9cc82dbc64d344d9099f96098.png

Edited by MieJensen

6 minutes ago, MieJensen said:

What I want, is to be able to pay in US$ instead of being forced to pay in €.

Tillia is based in GB and simply accepts the currency of your card/paypal.
It's normal there is a exchange fee for that. And as it's commercial, you can't compare your own bank fees.
If you want to pay in $ you'll have to move to the US ( or perhaps create a $ paypal account, i know this worked in the past)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.