Emailing notices on available of new homes

Klarissa Huntress

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.

I am just wondering is it possible for subscribed members to receive notices via email when the new homes in the new areas are available for claiming.  Due to unpredictability in scheduling (particularly for those not in the US region time zones, e.g. I am in Australia and there is a 12 hour difference) by the time we are aware of homes available they have been taken up.  Many premium members are not on every day due to RL commitments and so forth, those in different time zones are further disadvantaged as I am sure when places become active for claiming we are likely tucked up in bed asleep as they are opened during US peak times. I understand that there is a time restriction on releases and the amount of homes released, however it would be very useful to be able to receive email notification that a release is pending, with a date and approximate time, so that we can at least have a chance of claiming a new home.  Is it possible to have it that members are emailed in addition to these posted notices on the forum and official update site.  I was not even aware that there were new places or new homes that have been updated and available as a much better benefit of being a subscribed member, until I spoke to another resident.   

Thank you and regards

Klarissa Huntress.

4 minutes ago, Klarissa Huntress said:

Hello.

I am just wondering is it possible for subscribed members to receive notices via email when the new homes in the new areas are available for claiming.  Due to unpredictability in scheduling (particularly for those not in the US region time zones, e.g. I am in Australia and there is a 12 hour difference) by the time we are aware of homes available they have been taken up.  Many premium members are not on every day due to RL commitments and so forth, those in different time zones are further disadvantaged as I am sure when places become active for claiming we are likely tucked up in bed asleep as they are opened during US peak times. I understand that there is a time restriction on releases and the amount of homes released, however it would be very useful to be able to receive email notification that a release is pending, with a date and approximate time, so that we can at least have a chance of claiming a new home.  Is it possible to have it that members are emailed in addition to these posted notices on the forum and official update site.  I was not even aware that there were new places or new homes that have been updated and available as a much better benefit of being a subscribed member, until I spoke to another resident.   

Thank you and regards

Klarissa Huntress.

New homes are taken so quickly that email notices aren't timely enough to use as notifications. You can subscribe to the official SL blog, and get notifications in your email of a new theme release that way.

• Like 1

The "Beautiful Abandons" thread shows that abandoned homes pop up all the time. You can also claim a house from the mobile. I know somebody clicked on her mobile just before she got to bed, and got one of the best places I have seen. And I have been in Bellisseria since April last year, but abandoned homes still makes my jaw drop.

Edited by Marianne Little
spelling errors
  • Like 5

I’m in the U.K. but my family is in Australia so I’m often up at the same time as them to chat. I’ve seen a lot of great houses released in that time including the best houseboat I’ve ever seen. Unfortunately it’s a matter of luck & perseverance. There are times when I’ve seen nothing new on the land page for ages, other times every refresh brings new choices. Don’t discount abandons either. My current house was an abandoned, right on the beachfront & abandons are happening around the clock.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Klarissa Huntress said:

I am just wondering is it possible for subscribed members to receive notices via email when the new homes in the new areas are available for claiming.  Due to unpredictability in scheduling (particularly for those not in the US region time zones, e.g. I am in Australia and there is a 12 hour difference) by the time we are aware of homes available they have been taken up.

Hi, Klarissa, welcome to the forums!  Stick around and you'll get a home, no worries.  It used to be a very time-zone dependent process, but it no longer is quite so US-centric.

A year ago, when Belli started, there was much discussion about subscription lists.  But the demand was SO immense that LL had no need to 'get the word out', and they left the land claiming process as it always was.  There still are not many Belli homes available at any one time, tho there are many over the course of 24 hours.  I think that LL would make more of an effort to attract users to Belli if they had a need to; but demand still outpaces supply of Belli homes, and it seems likely that will persist until SL's port to the cloud is completed (currently targeted for the fall).

There are two types of releases:

1.  New theme releases, where LL releases many hundreds, sometimes over a thousand, homes over the course of days.  These are announced in Patch's thread when they occur.  In the recent log home introduction, LL appeared to enqueue all the regions to release automatically, at a rate roughly proportional to demand.  Of course, people often abandoned the log homes during this process, and those abandons appeared interspersed with the new region releases.  As far as time zones go, this process is absolutely egalitarian.  Empirically, there are fewer regions released in the SL night than during the day - it is my belief that is simply because there are fewer people claiming houses from non-US time zones, so the queue(s) move slower.  There are no new themes ready for release anytime soon. 

2.  New region releases in existing themes.  This is the phase we're in now, having just finished a HUGE log home theme release. They used to do these single-region releases daily in sort of a predictable pattern, and people would lurk at the next likely region and witness Whitney Linden releasing it.  It was fun for those who could afford the time to lurk :) But given how the regions that are currently nearly ready to release are distributed on the map,  it would be tough to predict what region is 'next'.  And that process is rather US-centric, releases occurring during LL working hours.  In the past, some Game of Homes players (who use alts to claim homes quicker) would abandon spare homes outside of LL working hours, to give others a shot at the most recent release.  BUT now that LL has this region queuing process in place, who knows, they may simply queue up 10 or 20 regions, as if it were a theme release. 

Stay tuned.

• Like 7

Right now, any new releases are small neighborhood regions, and they can release at any point. Otherwise, anything available now is an abandon. And there are some good ones that pop up from time to time. Most of them are at least OK properties. Once in a while you will run into an abandon where someone has left because of unresolved issues with neighbors not following covenant rules or similar issues. That's fairly rare from what I've seen; it seems to occur more frequently with houseboats.

Any new major (theme) releases, such as the Victorian Homes and the Log Homes, are publicized on the SL site community page and this section of the forums. We tend to know about those releases well in advance. At this time, we don't know about any upcoming major release in the works, although we do know that work is continuing on developing new themes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 10:20 AM, Marianne Little said:

The "Beautiful Abandons" thread shows that abandoned homes pop up all the time. You can also claim a house from the mobile. I know somebody clicked on her mobile just before she got to bed, and got one of the best places I have seen. And I have been in Bellisseria since April last year, but abandoned homes still makes my jaw drop.

@Marianne Little What did you mean claim a house from the mobile? <3

She means that you can log into the land page using your cell phone's browser, and claim a home just as you normally would from your computer.  You would think that tiny box you click to accept terms would be impossible to hit on a screen as small as a phone's, but actually, it is very easy to do it on my android's touchscreen.

So even if your timezone forces you to be away from your computer at peak times for releases and abandons, you can still claim a home using your phone.  Of course, abandoning it is a different matter!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.