Lack of new male hair - help!

RobertEroicaDupea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What kind of new hair?  Rigged or what?

One of my favorite hair stores is Tram.  The hairs are all mostly unisex.  I think, if I remember correctly or they did not change their store is, they have both: rigged and unrigged.   One side of the store is rigged and the other side of the store is unrigged.  So look for the RIGGED and UNRIGGED signs on the store wall and takes demos.  Tram is mostly inworld.    

If searching on MP, click from the drop down menu (near the right side towards the top) NEWEST FIRST it says RELEVANCE - click Relevance and you will get a sub menu where you can pick NEWEST FIRST.  Do you know where the drop down menu is to select searching preferences on MP?  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Lock & Tuft

I'll second that one because the products come with Modify permission. There's some weird superstitious mass hysteria that's driven creators to no-mod hair -- even Dura, which was Mod perm for ages, switched to no-mod with some bogus delusion about "alpha" (as if alpha-blended hair ever avoided alpha-sorting glitchiness no matter what they do with it)... but I don't blame them, particularly, because they're in the company of the vast majority of SL wigmakers. (Those horrid resize scripts! How did any creator ever convince themselves those clumsy kludges are acceptable substitutes for Modify permission? Of course they never have to use those scripts to resize their own hair so they can plead ignorance while abusing their customers.)

Probably some others still produce Mod perm hair. I'd be interested to know so I can go buy out their stores.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Probably some others still produce Mod perm hair. I'd be interested to know so I can go buy out their stores.

I have some mod hair that has no resizer scripts in it but it's for women.  I have a free group gift hair available plus a free box of hair for all at my Dinkie club found in my picks if anyone wants any; it can resize up without resizers...while many may try to click on it to resize, it won't work that way.  You have to do it yourself.  I will be making other fully modify hairs soon but again for females or actually Dinkie specific.  But, I know what you mean.  I don't ever use resizer scripts.  They are laggy as are huds.  I don't use huds either.  Tinies we like to be lag-free, it's part of our experiencing freedom lag-free revolution.  

However, for Dinkies, since the head is wider, we really need hairs with an x, y z menu not an overall enlarge hair resizer menu.  

I need hairs with an x, y z menu.  Tram and Limerence have some hairs with an xyz menu.  

Another good male hair is No.Match as Lillith said - it's mostly unisex too.  

But, I do wish the Lindens would add a rigged and unrigged search filter.  It's a needle in a haystack looking for unrigged hair sometimes.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

Exile has just started making new hair for men. They still have a bunch of old stuff but there's two new ones available now. Don't overlook women's hair though; there are plenty of womens' styles that look great on men, and if they're not below shoulder-length they will usually fit.

Even harder to find is hair for black men. Not every black man wants the bald base or dreadlock look.

Truthfully, if i were a guy, any race, I would feel unwelcome in SL. Even hair stores that used to have men's hair have eliminated, reduced or simply not updated their selection. There is dorky old hair, but even that is getting thin on the ground.

I have helped several guys set up their avis, but even things available a year ago are now gone.

1 minute ago, RobertEroicaDupea said:

Thanks for all your replies!

I have tried the suggestions, and I still havent really found anything new and good.

Oh well, serves me right for being  a man :P

Sorry, man! If you need help, drop me a line and I will share what I have learned working with my "manvi"

On 5/28/2020 at 3:57 AM, monykony said:

personally i recommend you this channel 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwEepUolIPllhxkLBOjIlpQ
he does men events, sales and promotions, plus is hillarious

Timmeh is a tw*t! (ask Naria if that's true!) and any hair he tries he makes white so it's sometimes hard to judge. He does this because.....he's a tw*t!  😆

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.