Phantom doors in my house

OnaSUPER Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

If the doors are linked, you could:

- set the door prim to Physics Shape NONE on the Features tab in the BUILD menu. This MAY drive up your land impact value.

- alternatively (make sure you have a back up of your house and note the exact coordinates of the rezzer / rootprim if the house is all linked), you could unlink the door prim and set it to phantom on the Object tab of the BUILD menu.

If the doors are not linked, simply check phantom as described above.

There are also scripts you could use, for example, to make the doors open for you as you approach and close themselves after a few seconds. You may need to consider the impact on server performance of any such scripts - I am presuming llSensor would be used which keeps a listen open... but I am really only a baby scripter - I am sure a more experienced scripter could comment.

Emma :) 

• Like 1

or as an idea, I use Sliding doors on the ground floor of the house that open automatically when going through (2 LI each, from the Mp). If they are mod, so that you can change texture and translucent texture, all you have to do is find glass textures that you like and match the interior (or wood, but translucent doesn't look that great). I wanted doors in front of the bathroom and the kitchen on the ground floor that didn't need to be clicked to open.811Lord Resident

Snapshot  Evard Hall 2020-5-24.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.