Virtural BBQ/Cookout/Picnic/// With most everyone still sheltering in place a virtural bbq/cookout/picnic for everyone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Post your fav  outdoor bbq  /cookout/picnic  foods/beverages/   treats /candy   outdoor games/ boating / 

icecream  /fav grill to use for the cookout etc  // pool/water sports/fishing/boating/ beach/ amusement parks /  volley ball //etc 

what ever you do at your summer time  bbq/cookouts/picnic outings  or summer holiday weekend 

shot-2-0164-1522854915.png.9420890e92960c21df7485288fa6a859.png EASY-Mexican-Grilled-Corn-with-Sriracha-Aioli-vegan-glutenfree-aioli-corn-summer-recipe-minimalistbaker.thumb.jpg.6c6476b49f8aeb3fce22cf6a658ef853.jpg

• Like 4

Ice cream bread experiment

I started with the Taste of Home recipe for Ice Cream Bread. It calls for:

• 1 cup butter pecan ice cream, softened
  • 3/4 cup self-rising flour
  • 1 tablespoon sugar

Since a friend had dropped off some Haagen-Dazs as a "thank you" for dog-sitting her pup, that's what I used. It was frozen solid, so I microwaved it to soften the ice cream. After measuring out a cup and mixing in 3/4 cup of self-rising flour and a spoonful of sugar, I had a thick and heavy batter. I poured everything into a loaf pan and baked at 350°F for 25 minutes.

You can make try this with other ice creams and choose not to put the spoonful of sugar into it too.  This is supposedly less sweet than some sweets.  Full article here:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/voices/the-best-bread-in-the-world-has-only-2-ingredients/ar-BB14qR0t?li=BBnb7Kz

Sorry for the large font.  I use large font for reading on the internet and it copied/pasted this way.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

That sounds really interesting. I'll have to grab some self-rising flour the next time I'm out. I think different nut flavored ice creams would work well although it would be fun to try some of the more unusual ice creams.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

What, pistachio almond fudge bread????

The article goes on to state the next ice cream she tried was Cherry Garcia and she left out the extra spoonful of sugar.  Cherry Garcia has chocolate chunks in it.  I'm not sure which ice cream I would like to try although my favorite ice cream is Chocolate Fudge from Baskin Robbins.  I also love coffee ice cream.  It's a try if you want to kind of bread although the writer of the article claims both Butter Pecan and Cherry Garcia were both moist and tasty.   

The very next day, I went out and bought a pint of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia because I was curious about how the bread would turn out with cherry and chocolate chunks. This time, I let the ice cream melt on its own before mixing in the flour, which created an airier, less gloppy batter. I also used no additional sugar.

The result: The chocolate sank to the bottom and caramelized slightly, while the cherries remained aloft. But more importantly, the texture was moist and tender, just like the Bourbon Praline Pecan version, although my taste-testers (same teenage boys again) said that even without the extra sugar, the taste was sweeter than they expected bread to be. I couldn't argue. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.